Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Friday, November 21, 2008

What a Difference...

Kyara has continued to make improvements. Her heart rate is much closer to normal and she has been awake most of the morning and early afternoon. We have laughed and played. She has had her fingernails painted and hair braided. We have watched Cars at least 5 times and I am finding new things to laugh at each time :)

There hasn't been much big news today. Well, I take that back. Improvement is always big news. As for plans for Kyara's recovery...we are in a "watch and see" course. They will leave her breathing tube in until next week, we think they will pull out the chest drain on Monday, and we will check the leak in 1-2 weeks. Kyara is having difficulty with pooping. Her poor tummy is distended and the docs have tried an enema and suppositories to get her to "release the goods." So far, no good. I think she is having difficulty pooping in bed. We can't get her up to the potty with the breathing tube, and she is wearing "hospital pants" so she can relieve herself, put I can only imagine that has to be difficult for her.

My dad has been here since Wednesday and I must admit it has been great to have him here to help. Kyara has loved seeing her Pop here. My mom has been staying with Kassey, and Dad and I have been flip-flopping at the hospital. This way we don't have to take Kassey out in the freezing weather each time we switch. Gunars and Skylar are on their way up here. They left Sharpsburg at 2:45 and will drive until Gun is tired. Then they will drive the rest of the way tomorrow. It will be great to have them here for the Thanksgiving week!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. I think I can tell you Cars from memory :)Give everyone our love. Lots of love and support, Lana, Russell, Caitlin, Savannah and Alexander

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the good news. Tell Kyara that we really miss her at school and can't wait to see her again. You all enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday together. Give Kyara a kiss and hug from me. My thoughts and prayers are with Kyara to continue on the road to recovery..

Unknown said...

What a great report! I am so happy that she is awake and interacting with you. I know that it must feel good. We always appreciate the reports and can continue to remember all of you. I am glad that the rest of the family will join you for Thanksgiving. Enjoy the time together. Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Great news! So much to be thankful for!

The Vaughn's

Michelle said...

Great news that there is not much to report on! I know Skylar is looking forward to her her trip up there. Cars is an awesome movie. I love it. Keep the faith and please have fun with Skylar and Gunars when the get there. In fact - you need to have a snowball fight, or at least build a snowman! Please give Kyara a hug and a kiss from me. I miss her so much. Keep the faith, and keep us posted.

Ms. Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear things are improving. I saw Skylar at school today, as she was leaving to head up to Mich. I gave her a big hug and a kiss and asked her to share it with the whole family. I know it will be nice to be together as a family for the holiday. Enjoy the week and try to relax. We will continue to think of you all and lift you all up in prayer.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
The Henley's

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Kyara is improving. We want to hear more of that this next week. It will be so good for all of you to be able to share some family time together once again. Please try to get some rest yourselves, and give Kyara a hug from all the Carlisles.

Love to all of you,
Jeremy, Josette, Jaidyn, Jilleyn, and Jensyn

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear the good news. Please give Kyara hugs and kissses . I am glad to hear all the family will be together for Thanksgiving. I pray our little Kyara has a restful day; it seems she recovers fast when she is resting.
Love, Nurse Misty

Anonymous said...

Those were very good news, I am so happy about it. I am waiting to see the picture of Kyara with all the fingers up to show me she is feeling well. A big hug to all of you and a big Kiss to Kyara.
Love

Anonymous said...

Genie: What great news! So glad you will be together for the Holiday. Tell Kyara to keep up the good work, we think of you all so much every day. We will be doing the football thing all week, semi finals next Friday. Love to you all - Uncle Bill and Aunt Joanne