Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, November 22, 2008

No News is Good News

Today my dad left. I hope he has a safe trip home and I look forward to hearing that he made it ok. It was nice having him here, and I wish he had decided to stay longer, but I understand the desire to get back home. Gunars and Skylar arrived today, so it was a changing of the guards. They made it in time to watch Florida run all over Citadel. You can't stop the Gators, right ZiZi?

Kyara is doing well. She was very alert , playing, and laughing (although you can't hear the sound, you can tell she is laughing) this morning and early afternoon. Around 3:00 pm she hit the wall and has been taking a wonderful nap. I am sure she will wake up soon and be ready to go. We have been decorating her walls at the hospital with all the cards she has gotten. They have been great and put a smile on all of our faces.

Today we also watched the DVD from Willis Road. Thank you so much, Ms. Michelle, for making that for us. Kyara had a HUGE grin on her face when she saw her classmates. She loved the song and looks forward to coming to EVERYONE's house. :) Ms. Carlisle, we need to know what size shoes you wear so we can get you a pair! Ms. Laurie and Ms. Misty, thank you for your messages. I tried hard not to cry, but I was overwhelmed by the love and support you sent. Skylar's Thanksgiving presentation was so cute! "Mercy me!" Ms. Thompson did a great job getting all of the students to do their parts like professional actors! We can't wait for Kyara to get healthy enough to get home and give everyone big hugs!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This is one of the first posts that I have actually laughed! It is great to hear the Kyara has (fingers crossed) hopefully made a huge turn! I have been waiting to hear that Skylar and Gunars made it. It is just the small things that we take for granted. I realize how my trivial problems don't even come close to REAl situations. I am glad that I put smile on all your faces. It was nothing! Hope to hear another "no update" tomorrow. Get some sleep and GO DAWGS!!

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! I'm glad Kyara is doing well. she is definitely in our prayers. I hope i get to see her back down here soon! Love you!

-Ashli Kennedy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Kyara was up and enjoying the gators today. That is great to hear. As they say music to my ears. I am also glad to hear that Gunars and Skylar made it there okay. You can now really enjoy your Thanksgiving. Kyara keep up the good news and continue to send us GOOD updates. We are glad that you enjoyed the DVD that Mrs. Michelle made. Mrs. Carlisle is still wearing her slippers. You have to come back and bring her some shoes. Hugs and Kisses to you all especially our strong girl, Kyara.

Love you,
Mrs. Laurie

Anonymous said...

We're glad Kyara is getting back to herself. We're glad you are all doing well. Matt says that it is about time for a game of "got'cha booty". We're glad FL won against a 1AA opponent. Best of luck next week, but you know where Matt's heart is.
From "Two Tough Mother" maniacs,
Matt and Amy

Anonymous said...

Genie
So glad to hear that Kyara is on the road to recovery!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the DVD:) Please give Kyara big hugs and kisses for me; I miss her smiling face!! You rest to while our little ones are resting. Hope you guys have a great day. Will check on you guys later on today; we are heading out to Duluth for a cheerleading competition!!
Love to Kyara
Nurse Misty