Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Morning

I was very happy that I did not get a phone call in the middle of the night last night, so I figured Kyara must have had a peaceful night. Well, most of this was true, until about 3:30am. Kyara's right chest tube has become clogged with tissue. Remember that when they dissected her esophagus out of her chest that it had adhered to the surrrounding body parts. So there is some floating tissue/"snot"/gross stuff that is in the space outside her lungs. The tube that goes into that space is quite small and it has become clogged with this "stuff." So, the chest tube is not draining very well, her lung as gone "down" again, and they are probably going to replace the tube with a larger one today. They will use the same site, so they will not have to cut her again. Otherwise, Kyara is doing well. She is breaking through the medication again and not very comfortable, so the pain doctors are going to come back and readjust those medicines again, too. The main doctors just came in and said that she will probably have more speed bumps, but not to worry, she is looking good.

Kassey started running a fever last night. Hopefully it is just teething. We are giving her some Tylenol. She seems fine, just has the fever and was a little restless last night.

My mom has been GREAT! She has just done whatever I ask, has not complained, and has really made this a lot easier for me. Although I tell her how much I appreciate her help, I know she will never understand how much it has meant to me. And how grateful I am to have her here helping me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyara,
You are such a little trooper, you have made it through the hardest part now all you need to do is take it easy and let your body get some rest. I get up every morning and check your care page to see how everyone is doing up there in Michigan. It is great to have such a wonderful way to communicate your progress to all of us back home. Everyone we know back here in the sunny south sends tons of love and endless prayers for you and your family.
Liz Grove

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyara!

We wanted to let you know that we are all thinking of you today, missing you, and praying for your speedy and pain free recovery. Your friends in class wanted to write:

Dylan: I love you and I like you.
David: I love you. Get well!
Antonio: I love her.
Ryan: Can you come to my house? I miss you.
Kyle: I want you to get better. I love you.
Owen: I miss you.
Alexis: I miss you and I hope you get well.
Gabe: I love you.
Angelina: I love you and I hope you get better soon.
Sammie: I hope you get better and I love you.
Austin: I want you to come to my house. I miss you.
Joshua: I hope you get better. I miss you.
Creighton: I want to come to your house. I miss you and I love you.
Gavin: I love you and I want you to come to my house to play.
Andrew: I want to get you a pink hockey stick. Come to my house and play outside when you are better.
Justin: I love you. I miss you.
Caden: I love you. I miss you. I want you to come to my house too.

We all really miss you and can not wait to see you again. We know you will have lots of stories and maybe some new things to show us when you get back. We are excited to see what is new for our friend Kyara.

We all love you VERY much!
Mrs. Laurie, Mrs. Carlisle and Class

Anonymous said...

We're following your progress multiple times a day and feel so for your caring and concern. We are glad that you have this vehicle to share. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers and (even though we know that there is nothing we can do) we wish there was something. We know how tired you must be getting but know that you will have the strength to do what needs to be done. Give all the girls a hug for us. Love Ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Kyara,

You are so brave and you are a little fighter. Just know we are still thinking about you!

Addy, A & Jason