Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Sunday, November 9, 2008

And then it started to SNOW!!

Since we have been in Michigan, the weather has been crazy. When we first arrived, it was in the 50s. On Monday, it was in the 70s. Today, it snowed. Are you kidding me? It honest to goodness snowed. It stuck on the ground! Back home, school would have been closed!

Kyara is much more awake tonight. She is opening her eyes for longer periods and letting us know when she is hurting. I am staying with her through the night, so we will see if tonight will be better than the past few have been.

Skylar and Gunars went home today, too. I was so sad to see them go. I can't wait for them to come back on Saturday. I know that it is important for Skylar to go to school, be with her friends, and to keep as much routine as possible, but I am greedy. I want her and Gunars to be with me.

Tonight in the parent waiting room I met a lady who has a 2 year old in the Cardiac ICU section. Her daughter has her sternum competely open and she can watch her daughter's heart, with pig tissue (not sure if it was a total transplant) beat. Literally, see her heart beat. Before last Monday, she was terminal. Now she has a chance. Wow. I am amazed by what these doctors can do. I am also so blessed to have Kyara in the state she is now in. The other little girl is not stable. She is fighting a terrible infection and is in isolation. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, too.

Good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genie,

We will pray for you and Kyara to have a peaceful night. Thank you so much for your example!! The strength you have displayed through this has been amazing. I have no doubt that Kyara knows what an amazing mom she has!! It has been wonderful for us to follow Kyara's progress through this site. Thanks for allowing us to keep a watch over her with you.

Take care!!
Amy, Jeff, Bethany, Joshua, Timothy, and Thomas Brandon

Anonymous said...

I've been following Kyara's progress since you posted this link on WebCt. I am so glad to read this morning that Kyara is really starting to feel better! You are an amazing mom. I've been keeping all of you in my prayers~
Roxanne Purcell
(from Dr. Saurino's class)

Anonymous said...

Good morning!
I am one of the REACH teachers at WRES. I have been following your blog and praying for Kyara daily. She is so precious, and so blessed to have such a wonderful family loving her and supporting her. God is so good, and I know he is holding on to all of you during this season. Many blessings!
Adrienne Maples

heathervoet said...

Hi Guys,
You are always in our thoughts! I start each day logging on to see how everything is going. Glad to hear it was a "pretty good" weekend in the scheme of things. Still praying, and still sending all the love we can. Miss you!
Heather and Jimbo

Anonymous said...

Genie,

I look each day at the blogs to see all the progress Kyara is making. It was so good to log on and see those pretty brown eyes. Please give her a kiss from me. I pray for you guys daily. You are such a great mom and Kyara is very special little girl. Please tell her that she is missed at Willis Road!!

Love, Nurse Misty