Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, November 3, 2008

Kyara is in surgery




Last night was a bit of a long night for Gunars and Kyara. Gunars stayed at the hospital and I went back to the hotel (we were in a double room at the hospital and there is not room for us both to stay the night with her). Kyara had a bowel prep for today's surgery and the medicine really started to kick in at 9:00 pm. Anyone who has a bowel prep can tell you, it can get a little messy! Kyara and Gunars were troopers, though! Around midnight, they turned off the medicine and they were able to get some sleep. I came back at 6:00am so that I would be here when she woke up, and before they took her down to pre-op.
Kyara was taken down to the pre-op area at 7:15 this morning. They had some cool paint/markers that smelled! She loved them. After talking to anesthesia and having all the pre-op stuff done, they took Kyara to surgery at 7:45. She was very brave. We are praying for her safety and for Dr. Coran to be successful with the operations. We are told by everyone that he is amazing and that she is in great hands. I know this is true on many levels! Thank you for the many prayers and well wishes Kyara has been receiving. I know they are helping.


My mom and dad are with Skylar and Kassey. They are planning on coming over to the hospital later this morning/afternoon. Skylar is quite a trooper and has been very calm and understanding through this time. She has been GREAT! I am very proud of her. Kyara will be in surgery for 5-6 hours, so when she gets out and is settled, I will post again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well and am waiting anxiously for updates. I can't stop thinking about the surgery. I miss you all and hope to see you soon.

I believe I played pretty darn well yesterday.

Love
Zizi

heathervoet said...

Kyara you are such a trooper! We are thinking about you today and sending lots of hugs and kisses to help you feel better quickly! Then we'll come visit you at your house. Love,
Heather Jim and The furry kids

Mimi said...

I am praying!!

Anonymous said...

Kyara,

We are praying for you and your family!! Timothy says hello!!

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Thinking about all of you today. Anxious to here from you about the outcome! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Carolyn