Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Surgery is Done

The surgery is done and Kyara did great! Thank God! Her colon had a twist in it and made it difficult to get poop and air out. The surgeon made a small hole in her colon and released the pressure, then clean out her bowels. He also went ahead and placed the J-tube that they were going to place next Friday. Right now, we are back in Kyara's room and we are working on getting her comfortable. She had a large incision (from below bellybutton to midstomach), so she is quite a bit of pain. I hate having her in pain, but, I must admit I like seeing her make expressions. I can really see a pain expression on her face, much more intense than before. That sounds terrible, and believe me, I want them to fix her pain as soon as possible, but I like seeing her react.

Thank you for the prayers. I pray this will resolve her tummy issues. We are going to have her on a bowel regimen to make sure she doesn't get stopped up again. I am not sure I really understand how or why her colon got twisted, but I pray this is going to take care of it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! So glad to hear it! Now we need some big smiles of relief from that now untwisted colon!
-Sara O'Dell

Anonymous said...

Whew!!!! SO happy to hear all went well. I understand what you are saying about seeing her react to the pain. Hopefully they will make her comfortable very soon. I'm so glad Gunar's was there with you. I'm sure that was great support to have each other. I wish I could do more to help, but please know we are always thinking of you all and praying constantly.
Thanks for the updates and for keeping us all in the loop. Give Kyara a peck on the cheek and tell her we love her.
I'll check back later. Try to get some much deserved rest.
God Bless You All,
The Henley's

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update! I am so glad everything went ok. Get back to your little angel and tell her we love her!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that everything went well in the surgery. Also that they went ahead and put in the j-tube. Now that that is over we pray that all the surgeries are done and Kyara can continue to get better. We pray that she can get some good rest now that all of this has been resolve. Keep us posted.

Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Love to you all,
Josette and Laurie

Anonymous said...

My goodness! When I checked the blog this afternoon, the surgery information was not there. You all have endured and continue to endure so much. I am so glad the obstruction was discovered and that Kyara will get some relief. You are in my prayers. You all are heroes.
Clara and family

Winkie-Dink said...

Wonderful! The surgery went well! And her reactions to pain!! That is great as well. We will be praying for you today. Love you, wink

Anonymous said...

Wow! I skipped a day from the blog and was shocked by the news!
Poor little angle!
But she really is a strong girl...
You are always on my mind and in my prayers. Today I lit a candle in church for Kyara...that's for special prayers in Italy!
Love,
Valeria

Anonymous said...

Wow, great news that she is out of the surgery safe and sound. Maybe she'll start to feel a bit better and start responding more to therapy... I hope today is a better day for all of you.

Tina, Carlos & Nico.

Cheryl said...

God Bless you all, You have been through so very much. I remind myself as I read you blog that God only gives us each what we can handle. Genie, Gunars and especially Kyara you are amazingly strong people. And you are gaoing through a lot but know you are blessing people every day with the strength you have demonstrated and your devotion to God through this. You are an example to me and I am sure others as well.. I have grown to love you all though we have never met. Please let Gunars know if me or my church can do anything for him while he is home to contact me we are not far. Bluesknk@yahoo.com. I am praying for all of you.