Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Friday, February 27, 2009

Dilation Done

Kyara is back in her room after having her esophagus successfully dilated this morning. I would like to say I was strong and held it all together, but that would be a lie. I cried like a baby when they took her back. I cried in the waiting room as I waited for her. I cried when anyone asked how I was doing. Phew. That is alot of crying. Then, after only 30 minutes, my buzzer rang. When you check-in in the waiting room they give you a buzzer like when you are waiting at a restuarant. Then, then when the doctor is ready to tell you something, they buzz you. So, I got the buzz. The lady at the desk didn't tell me anything other than the doctor wants to talk to you. Oh!! That's what they said last time, too. Then they led me back to the SAME room that they put me in when Kyara had her arrest. When I peeked around the corner I didn't see any of our old PICU nurses waiting for me, so I took a deep breath. Dr. Coran came in after a few minutes and said that the dilation went GREAT! In fact, it looks "perfect." He doesn't think she will need anymore dilations in the future, either (we will keep our fingers crossed!) This is great news, so I guess out of relief I started to cry AGAIN. Wow, Dr. Coran didn't know what to do with me! I let him off the hook, told him I was just happy she is fine and asked if I could get out of that room. So I went back to the waiting area and waited for Kyara to wake and get ready to go back to her room.

I am thrilled things went well this morning. Thank you God for watching out for Kyara and for guiding the doctors hands. Dr. Coran said the leak she had has completely healed and she looks great. Thank you God. I am also mad/sad. We now have a great esophagus/stomach, which is what we were hoping for months ago, but now I have a child with brain damage. Ironic? No, that's not the right word. What is the right word? And how should I feel about this? I am going to chose hopeful. I am hopeful that Kyara will continue to recover from the anoxic injury and will be able to use her "perfect" esophagus/stomach to eat real food.

Thank you for all of the prayers! I know in my heart that they helped Kyara this morning and everyday for the past few months. Thank you all!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news. She will be healed and be eating real food. We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery and that you will be home soon. Lots of love and hugs: Lana, Russell, Caitlin, Savannah and Alexander

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless you, Genie and Kyara! What wonderful, encouraging news to read! We will continue thoughts and prayers for sleep and healing for you all! So glad to read things went so well this morning!
Take care!
Lorri, Paul, Matthew and Megan Hammond

Anonymous said...

Wow Genie!

Thanks so much for you update. She and God are going to continue to amaze us with more miraculous stories of progress very soon. We are so relieved to hear this news.

Please kiss her from Mrs. Laurie and I! Your strength through this all is still AMAZING to us. You handled this beautifully. Tears are fine, and you are inspirational!

We love you guys!
Laurie and Josette

Anonymous said...

MANY GREAT BIG hugs to you, Genie!!! And the family, too! Constantly in my thoughts and prayers, Stephanie XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Yahooo!!! What wonderful news! We will keep praying, waiting and watching as God works His miracles on the rest of her body. We hope you have a wonderful weekend with all your family!
The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Just another one of His many miracles...we look forward to the many to come! God is an AWESOME God and He is not finished yet!
We love you all! Spokane (my word verification this time is const, He is under construction with Kyara)Great News!

Unknown said...

This is great news, we are so very happy that Kyra did well today!

Continuing to send you all our love and well wishes!

Ann, Rho, Randal

Anonymous said...

This is great Genie! We thank God for what He did this morning and we continue to pray that God will heal Kyara! You needed this successful surgery and I'm sure that it feels great to hear some good news. The road ahead is a long one, but you've got a strong little girl that's got a big, strong family, and you've got a big, strong God that's holding you all tightly.

Love ya'll,
Allison

Anonymous said...

God is always right on time!!! We praise Him for His miracles and we ask the He continue to hold Kyara and the rest of your family in His generous healing hands. Creighton will be so excited to hear the news!!!What a MIGHTY GOD we serve!!!

The Smith's

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! I am so grateful, as I know you are that she did great and jumped through this hoop...keep jumping, girl!!

The Lopers

ireina said...

That is great Genie, I am so happy her esophogus is healed. What a relief one less thing to worry about. That is just how you have to see it, one miracle at a time. We will continue praying so that we get the brain miracle and she will be back to normal.
God Bless you all!!!
Love,
Ivette

Anonymous said...

Awesome! God is good! I'm so thankful all went well. I pray she will have a speedy recover kind of day. Please give Kyara hugs and kisses. Love Misty Evans

Anonymous said...

This is such great news. Know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Go Kyara, we know you can do it, one hurdle down and one to go. Love you so much. Uncle Bill and Aunt Joanne

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you God.. Wonderful news! Prayers for you guys always.. more babysteps everyday..
love the Cambas Family

Anonymous said...

Such great news!! Spunky Kyara is coming back slowly but she will be back! I saw your sweet Skylar this morning...what a breeze of fresh air. She had a hug and smile for me that I much needed today. You have a wonderful family Genie. Enjoy them this weekend.
Much love,
Marcia Fields

Anonymous said...

My name is Kylie, and I'm a 1st grade teacher and graduate student at UWG. On my homepage, I noticed a benefit for Kyara, and I spent the evening reading all about Kyara. I just wanted to let you know that I was touched by your sweet daughter's battle, and I have been praying for you and your family. May you find a bit of comfort in the prayers of strangers! God bless!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that everything went well today. We continue to pray for Kyara and your family. Give her a kiss from Kyle.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. So happy to hear things went smoothly and you got some good news. Kyara is making great strides and God is still working with her. She will beat this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you all have a great, calm weekend.
The Henley's

Anonymous said...

Hopeful is a great choice. We hope with you and join with you in prayer and as hopeful as the one who reached just to touch the hem of Jesus' garment. God is good! Bro. Bruce, Good Hope Baptist Church

Anonymous said...

Genie, great news that her esophagus is cleared up... Keep saying that to Kyara so that she fights harder to "wake up" and start eating real food... I hope you enjoy your weekend with your entire family together and continue keeping your hope strong that Kyara will start making great strides in her recovery.

We continue to pray for you, from all parts of Miami (not just my house)... you have lots of people here praying hard for your entire family.

Love,
Tina, Carlos & Nico