Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

We are reminded on Valentine's Day to tell our loved ones we love them. This seems to be the time that we express to those that we take for granted how much we love them. Why do we wait for a special day? Each day that we have our families and friends around us is a special day. But, I am a sucker for Valentine's Day. Although cooperate America makes a ton and a half off of our guilt, I think it is good for us to be reminded and have an "excuse" to be mushy. What can I say, I love...love. Gunars flew in last night (thank you Andy and Ms. Slade for helping us with the flight!) and was anxious to see the girls. It is great to have him here for the weekend!

Speaking of love. We are overwhelmed by the love that has been poored on our family. We received the box of wonderful Valentines from Willis Road, all of the cards and care packages have been fantastic. Thank you all! Some of the classes at different elementary schools (Willis Road, Poplar Road, and Thomas Crossroads) have sent homemade cards that we have distributed to families at the RMH and at the hospitial. Spreading the love has felt GREAT! There will be a Valentine's Day party here at the hospital today, and we are looking forward to taking Kyara, Skylar, and Kassey.

Kyara is still having problems with sleeping. It is a guess as to which night she will sleep. I don't know if its the medications that are not right, or if she is uncomfortable, nervous, scared, or what is going on. I think that is the hardest part about this whole thing. We don't really know anything. I wish I knew how this would all turn out. I don't mind the waiting if I knew I was waiting on a good recovery. Kyara is a strong-willed, tough girl. I am sure this will work in her favor.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Dzenis Family! I hope you all enjoy the party this afternoon. Caitlin says I hope you have a good time today and tomorrow. Patience is a very hard won virtue. I learned a long time ago to not pray for patience ;) Lots of love and prayers. Lana, Russell, Caitlin, Savannah, and Alexander

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I came across this video on You tube in the past and though you may enjoy it as well. You may have already seen it but here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UF5E8AylA

Another video to watch would be Laminin. If you have heard about it you know the meaning. If you haven't it will be a good watch. We are still thinking about you guys.

The Beckers

Cheryl said...

Happy Valentines Day to all of you.
Know that more than anyone else God loves you the most he is watching over you all and Kyara. Make sure you draw on his love and patience. He is a great and awesome God. Know that I pray for you all several times daily. Even though you do not know me I feel like I know you through your blogs.Waiting is hard just remember the hardest things to wait for usually end up being worth the most. :-) We love you and are praying for you.
Cheryl Durazo and family Fayetteville Georgia

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines from the Loper family...I'm glad you got the Valentines and especially glad that you got to enjoy spreading the love a little. We will continue to pray for you all. Hang in there.

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! We are really glad that you got the box of valentines for everybody. We hope that you enjoyed going through all of them. We are also happy that you enjoyed giving out the valentines for all of the other people at the RMH. Love is shown in many different ways and that is our way of showing how much you all mean to us by helping others that you are with everyday while you are there. We hope you have a really good day spending it altogether..
Hugs and kisses to you all!

Love,
Josette and Laurie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your family this weekend. I am inspired by your faith and patience. Kepp working hard and we will do the same for you here. Much love and respect,

The Vaughn's

Unknown said...

Genie,
I don't know you and only knew Janis for a short time a long time ago, but you inspire me every day to be a better mom, person and wife. You are amazing. I'm pulling for all of you every day and think about you often. xoxoAudrey Davidow, LA, CA

Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day Dzenis Family.
We think about y'all a lot, and pray a lot. If you need buddy passes for your travels, don't be afraid to ask.
Love, Barry and Linda Braender

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Big hugs to all of you. We are happy that you are together this weekend. You guys are in our thoughts as always.

Also, Genie~ thanks so much for the reminder that we shouldn't wait for a "holiday" to tell all those that we love and take for granted how much we feel about them :)

Love,
Ann, Rho, Randal

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Dzenis Family,
I hope you have a good time at the party. Enjoy your weekend together and safe travels to Gunars. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Love to all,
The Henley's