Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Night Before Dilation...

Twas the night before dilation ...

I am NERVOUS and SCARED about tomorrow morning. It is really strange because I also have a sense of calm and relaxation about tomorrow morning. I trust she is in good hands. I trust GOD will guide the doctors through her dilation and she will be fine. I know God will do what's right by Kyara, whatever He feels the right path for her is.

Today was eventful. Kyara complained, moaned and groaned ALL DAY! By 5:00, I decided I needed to go to Target and get earplugs. The moaning can get quite loud and to be honest, obnoxious. As much as I love her reacting and showing us she is aggitated, I hate to see her this way. The noise makes it hard to think at times. It is like a colic baby who after HOURS and HOURS of crying, you just really want them to go to sleep. I love Kyara so much and I don't want to get frustrated with her, so earplugs may be the best way to go :) The doctors have said that recovery has different stages. Cognitive recovery has 11 stages according to the Rancho Los Amigos Assessment Scale. Kyara is in stage 4, Agitation. I have to remember that the moaning, groaning, and complaining are a stage of RECOVERY. I have to support her while she goes through this and not get frustrated. After hours of it, that statement is easier said than done.

I also met Bo today. Bo is the little boy whose mom I met on Monday. Bo also had an anoxic brain injury after a routine procedure. I was not sure I really wanted to meet Bo after talking to his mom on Monday. I think I thought he would have three heads, snakes for hair, and eight eyes, or something. I don't know... the image I had in my head of a disabled, weak, mentally challenged child (who was considered a success story) was not at all how Bo was. He was a bright, sweet boy. He shook my hand, answered questions, began conversations, loves math, and was downright delightful. Wow, I am so glad I met him. Although he is delayed, he was a joy to see and meet. He gave me more hope than talking to anyone ever could. His mom said he continues to learn, grasp new concepts, and make new strides in therapy even now. His injury occured 6 years ago, and he is still working towards recovery. It is a LONG process.

I will post as soon as I know anything tomorrow morning. Kyara is going down to pre-op at 6:30am. Her dilation is scheduled for 7:30am, but will probably not start until 8:00am (you now how surgeons are:) ) The dilation should take about an hour and Dr. Coran will let me know how it went as soon as he is done. Please pray for Kyara's safety and for Dr. Coran to be successful in this procedure.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider the prayer a done deal. God will take care of you as this is just another step towards the path of recovery. We look forward to hearing good news! Be confident in the doctors and the power that is guiding those hands. Remember peace is promised, as long as we seek it!

Much love and respect,

The Vaughn's

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for all of you tomorrow morning as i do everyday. God bless all of you.
Lori Gray
Fulton, MS

Anonymous said...

The prayers have already begun!!

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

The prayers will be with Kyara and you to help you through this dilation. Know that we are all waiting with you on pins and needles that the Doctors to everything the right way and that God will also be with Kyara to hold her hand.
We will be waiting for your post.

Give Kyara a kiss from us.

We Love you guys,
Josette and Laurie

Cheryl said...

Father God watch over Kyara guide the doctors hands and instruments, Wrap your loving warm arms around Genie while she sits and waits give her the peace that passes all unerstanding. We love you guys .
God Bless and Keep you safe

Gary & Cristen said...

I've been thinking about you SO much this week. I will definitely be praying for Kyara on Friday morning! So glad to hear that you have been able to see the subtle things. We're praying for you!

Cristen

Anonymous said...

I am glad you met Bo. That seems to have brought you much comfort and hope. I wish we could all be there with you in the morning. We will be praying, as always; and awaiting your updates. I hope you both get much needed rest tonight and tomorrow brings more improvements.
God Bless you all,
The Henley's

Anonymous said...

You and Kyara are definitely in our prayers. Kyara, you are loved by so many. We await good news!

The Sibley Family

Anonymous said...

My prayer is for God to give you peace during the surgery tomorrow morning. Find your rest in Him and allow Him to comfort you. We know you are a feisty young lady, who is determined in all that you do. The only way to make it through this is with Christ holding your hand and sometimes carrying you too. Let Christ carry this load for you because He can and He wants to. Read the Bible during the surgery and allow Him to speak to you thru the Holy Spirit. God knows your heart, thoughts, worries and your needs, He is bigger than this entire circumstance and He loves Kyara. I guarantee you will be comforted! We are still praying for all of you. Love, Spokane

Anonymous said...

The word verification that I had to type in was "rests". Now that was a good sign! I'll take that as something God is gonna give Kyara and you too! We claim His promises for His children from as far back as when this accident occurred over two years ago. We believe and know that God is GOOD! Miracles still happen and we expect another one soon! Wish we were there to wrap our arms around you all again. I hope you can feel our love for each of you. Spokane

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie,
Isn't it wonderful that God would use that precious Bo to strengthen you?!! There are all kinds of stages in life, and you are traveling through some stages just like Kyara is. We pray God will hold you all in His hand on this stage and the ones to come. Hug my good friend Peggy. We love you and are praying for you. Love, Wink

Anonymous said...

I'm lifting up prayers as I type this and will continue, especially through the morning. God let you meet Bo at just the right time, isn't He great? I am praying for a safe procedure, comfort for you and for Kyara to move quickly into stage 5! :) Can't wait to check on how it went...

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Bo!!! We're praying for Kyara today.

You are doing a fabulous job! Hope the earplugs helped.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you this morning and always!

Michelle said...

I am praying right now! The plan is in motion. I am so glad that you got to meet Bo. He sounds like a sweet boy. Love and hugs to all,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Been awake for over an hour...Praying for God to guide the doctors and I am asking His peace that passes all understanding to fall over you. We are confident in Christ.Love all of you, Spokane

Michelle said...

Sending many prayers!
Love,
Michelle