Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rough Night, Tough Day

Kyara did not sleep at all last night. Not one hour. And today she has been very fussy and has had a hard time getting calm. That's the bad news. That and we had hoped to get home Friday, but that is not going to happen. We are still waiting on Scottish Rite to get all the information they need to get her there. I am very bummed to not get home for the weekend. I really miss Gunars and Skylar.

Good things for today: I got the carseat installed in my car. It is officially ours! Once I did it (Dan was with me) it is really quite simple to install. I think I can remember all the steps! The best thing today was that although Kyara was very agitated, she seemed to be more aware of us, looking more in our direction when we would talk to her. She also opened her fingers some on command! More than once, too!!! Yes!

I am praying for a decent night tonight and for Kyara to continue to make strides towards recovery. Even with her agitation setback today, I feel like she has improved this week more than she has in many previous weeks combined, so I am encouraged by that. Please continue to send prayers for Kyara. We know God is with us everyday! He is getting Kyara ready for the big move and for more recovery.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i work night shift and if i miss an hour or 2 of sleep i am fussy,poor kid she has every right to be fussy and so do you,i will be glad when you both get home to georgia and your family can be together more,when i read your story my problems seem so small.i can only hope when trajedy comes my way that i have half the strength you have,there are people who you don't even know that are pulling and praying for your sweet little girl and the entire dzenis family,thank you for the updates and if you get a chance post a pic of the monster car seat,love and prayers from carrollton,ga.

Marcia Fields said...

Genie, you are a rock star! I am so proud and so in awe of how everyday you have been so strong. Being so far away from home has made this all even harder I am sure. We can not wait to get Kyara back to Georgia. We are all praying for a safe and speedy trip home.
Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about Kyara today, specifically about all of her intestinal issues. Do her doctors have her on a probiotic to replenish the intestinal bacteria that was killed by the antibiotics? If not, do they give her a sublingual B-vitamin supplement? My daughter had to be on heavy doses of antibiotics for awhile, and it killed the bacteria in her intestines. The doctor told us that the intestinal bacteria must be replenished, or the B-vitamins supplemented because they are so important to proper nerve functioning and growth. The doctor also mentioned that the vitamins helped with nerve myelination, which is important for proper nerve firing. Anyway, while thinking about all of Kyara's bowel issues I thought it would be worth mentioning. Your story was shared with me by a friend, and it has touched my heart. I pray for Kyara daily, and I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Kim Conn said...

Hey Genie...just want you to know that I am so hopeful for you all everyday! We are anxiously awaiting your return to Georgia and hope that the transition goes smoothly! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help you!!! Give Kyara a big kiss for me and Dr. Meyers...we will see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Genie,
I haven't posted in a while, but read your updates every day! Your words and actions are so inspiring.

You are such an incredible woman! I appoint you Mom of the Millenium!

We hope you are all back in Ga. for Spring Break! May the trip south be uneventful and swift! Please give Kyara love and hugs from all of us.

Take care,
Lorri, Paul, Matthew, and Megan

Myriam said...

Just keep taking baby steps. It will get better.
Hopefully soon she will be able to drink and you will be able to give her the Juice and help her
My praires are with you.
Myriam

Anonymous said...

WOW! Things are finally starting to fall in place for you all. I can't imagine how anxious you are to get home and back to familiar territory. We are excited to hear you will all be back together soon. We will pray long and hard for everything to run smoothly and for Kyara to be safely and comfortably transported back to GA. Thanks for the updates and we hope to see you soon. Give Kyara and hug for us.
God Bless You all
The Henley's