Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Xray

Kyara had a good night last night. Bunny stayed with her and said she slept like a dream. She only woke up at medication time, and for poops. Yeah!!

This morning Kyara had another xray done on her abdomen to check the progress of the pneumatosis. The doctors said it is unchanged. That means it is not better, but it is not worse, either. They said the pneumatosis is isolated to the upper left part of the colon. Before when she had it, it was everywhere! So far it is better than it was before.

Kyara has been pretty calm today, too. she has been awake, but not fussing too much. I like this much better! Yesterday, the doctors when up on her Clonodine patch from .1 to .2. For all of you math folks - I know I should have units behind the number but I am not sure of the unit. It is just referred to as the number around here! The clonodine patch is supposed to give Kyara a continious dose of medication for her tone and storming. So far, she seems better. The patch stays on for up to 5 days, then we have to put a new one on. I have learned you must wear gloves when applying it, because otherwise you can absorb the medication and it can bottom out your blood pressure. Now we don't want that, do we?

I am still very hopeful that we can get out of her on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have been told I can ride with Kyara, so my dad is going to come up to help Bunny drive home. I pray that the transfer will go smoothly and that Kyara will make more progress at Scottish Rite. I am also anxious to get Kyara home-home. Not just to Atlanta, but to 67 Blossom Ct! I believe that she will make great strides being home in her old surroundings, with her family. In God's perfect time, these things WILL happen.

4 comments:

Mrs. Carlisle said...

We are praying for you to get to come home Tuesday or Wednesday too. We love you guys and miss you so much! Kyara has been a busy little girl. We are so proud of her progress. She will continue to make improvements every day and will be at 67 Blossom Court very soon, I'm sure. Please give her, Kassey, Your Mom, and Yourself a hug from us. You guys are amazing! God is doing incredible things with Kyara and we are blessed to witness His amazing LOVE through her.

We love you,
Laurie and Josette

Anonymous said...

We are praying for a smooth transition and safe travel for you all. Kyara is destined to continue to touch people's lives in amazing ways!! We pray for continued baby steps for her that will get her to a point where she can be back home and your family can be together again.

Our God is an awesome God and can and will do amaing things!!

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that things are looking up and that Kyara will be so much closer to home very soon. You are all still in our prayers every day. By the way, i like the new spring look to your blog...new blooms coming!

The Lopers

Skylar said...

kyara I hope you get home soon!!we miss you!! we are praying for you kyara!!
mommy,I miss you I hope you come home!!