Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, December 22, 2008

We're HOME!!!!!

We got in at about 10:30 last night. While Gunars and my dad unloaded the car, my mom and I got the girls to bed. I did not even touch the stuff last night. We went straight to bed, too. It felt SOOOO good to sleep in my bed. Kassey even slept through the night (she hasn't done that since we left for Michigan!) She must have known she was home! Kyara is doing well. She ate some cereal for breakfast and NO GAGGING!! She and Skylar are trying to help me get everything put away this morning.

While we were gone, our dishwasher broke. Gunars set it to wash before leaving on Thursday, luckily he had to run back to the house to drop off a basket, and found the kitchen flooded. He called his dad to help clean it up and jumped back in the truck to head to Michigan. Well, when we got home, I made the mistake of opening the door to the dishwasher to see what was going on.... STINKY!! Oh...My....GOODNESS!!!! I have called a repair man to come fix it today. It reeks. I don't want him to have to open it!

Back to Kyara...

Dr. Coran said she had a stricture in the neoesophagus (the upper portion that is still left). He opened it, but it may stricture down again. Luckily it is supposed to respond to dilations better than before the surgery. If Dr. Meyers feels comfortable with doing her dilations, Dr. Coran said he would talk him through it so that we don't have to go all the way back to Michigan for an follow-up dilations. That would be HUGE! I have had enough snow to last several years!!!

This is still going to be a long process. Although Kyara is eating some mushy foods, we are still having to work on the amount of food she is taking in and work on chewing so that she can eat more solid foods. Right now we have to stay away from breads, pasta, and meats. Hopefully soon we will be able to add more foods into the diet, but we are tickled pink with the way things are going. Thank you for all of your support through this ordeal. We are VERY blessed!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! and a HUGE MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! So glad and relieved you made it home safe. This journey has been a long one (and I know it's not over yet) but you have handled it with so much grace and strength Genie. Can't wait to see Skylar and Kyara in school. Have a wonderful holiday!
Marcia Fields

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys made it home safe. I hope you have Merry Christmas. Hope to see you soon. Lots of love. The Lanes

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are home! Enjoy all of the comforts as you settle back in - Merry Christmas! Tim and Sara O'Dell

Unknown said...

Welcome home! So glad you all are back in Georgia! Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home and Merry Christmas!! We are so excited for you guys!! Timothy had the biggest smile on his face when I told him Kyara was out of the hospital and on her way home. Take care and enjoy the holidays.

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!! I know you are soooo glad to be in your own bed and having all of the comforts of home. Can't wait to see you all! Merry Christmas!

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME GENIE! Have a VERY MERRY AND SPECIAL CHRISTMAS

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear you guys made it home for Christmas!! I am really going to miss you guys!! Kyara's picture is very cute on the wall and I am thrilled to be able to see that smile everytime I walk that hallway! Thank you for the card and please keep in touch!! Take care and Merry Christmas!! Tedra
tedrab@umich.edu

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to all of you to Georgia and Sharpsburg.
It is so nice to know Kyara is at home.
Now the three sisters can play together and help Kyara through this eating process.
Big kiss to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys are home and that Kyara is doing well.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness we are so thrilled for you all...we've been praying for you all. Have the most wonderfully Merry christmas ever! Also tell Skylar that Kirby and Halle say Hello!

Cristen Schmalz

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy that you all are back home. What else could you ask for, for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all! Tell Kyara that I can't wait to give her a big hug myself.

Have a wonderful Holiday!

Love to all,
Mrs. Laurie

Anonymous said...

We are so relieved to hear that all of you are home safely and that Kyara is doing well. We know you'll have a very Merry Christmas...at home!!!

Love,
Lisa, Kevin, and Adelyn

Faith said...

Merry Christmas! I couldn't have wished a better present for y'all than being home and being together!

Faith
Rhiannon's mom
Saxon's mom