Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Movin' On Up

Today Kyara had another "swallow study" done. She still has a leak, but it is now about 1 centimeter. This is much better than it was previously. They will not allow her to eat with the leak, so we will do another one late next week. Dr. Coran feels confident it will have healed by then. She is weaning on the medications each day, too. Kyara is doing great.

I have a bit of a conflict going on inside my head. Today, Kyara was moved out of the ICU and to a regular floor. I am thrilled that she is well enough to be out of ICU, but I have some sadness in my heart as well. We have gotten to know some of the PICU nurses. Tedra and Sandy (two of the PICU nurses) have been awesome! They followed Kyara during Kyara's time in the ICU, so whenever they worked, they were our nurse. I am really going to miss them. It is nice to have a connection to the people that are working on your daughter. We also moved from a private room to a shared room. We are sharing with a 14 month old girl. Her mother seems very nice, but this afternoon, the little girl couldn't stop crying...take that back...screaming. Poor Kyara was holding her head and shaking it side to side, because her head was hurting from the screaming. There is no where we could go because she is hooked up to oxygen, so we had to wait it out. The mother said they will be discharged on Saturday, but who knows who will take her place. Sometimes you have to be thankful for the blessings you have. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, on the new floor, they have 2 playrooms and lots that Kyara will be able to do, so it is a good move for her. I am so thankful that Kyara is well enough to get moved to this floor and I am sure she will be up and moving on her own soon!

Some people have asked how Kyara did at PT today, well, today she participated...somewhat. Mom was with her and she said there was no possum today. After we had moved rooms, Kyara looked sad. I asked her if she was ok. She said "I don't think Mr. Dan will find me." I think Kyara is holding out and really likes PT after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what Skylar says Kassey is saying...

"Big sister you are looking so much better. You are doing much better. I am proud of you and I love you"

Anonymous said...

way to go kyara!We are so happy you are doing better!We love you and miss you!!!(your choa nurses)

Anonymous said...

way to go Kyara! Keep up the good work, and I'm sure Dan will find you. :)

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

Keep getting better Kyara! We are all so proud of you and how well you are doing especially with your physical therapy. Your friends wanted to send messages:

David: I like you and I would like for you to come to my house.
Lanna: I love you.
Antonio: I love you and want you to come to my houseto play with my sister and my toys.
Ryan: Come to my house. My Mommy and Daddy are at home.
Kyle: I want you to come to my house to play when you feel better.
Owen: I want you to play basketball with me and catch with me and run around with me and play with me outside.
Alexis: I love you. I miss you.
Gabe: I want you to come to my house and play games.
Angelina: I like you.
Sammie: I miss you and I love you.
Austin: I coming to your house to play kick ball.
Joshua: I want to get you a phone so you can call me and I can call you.
Creighton: I want you to come to my house and play with me and my toys. I love you and I miss you.
Gavin: I love you and I miss you.
Andrew: I want you to come to my house.
Justin: I want you to come to my house and play with Power Ranger Toys.
Caden: I want you to come play video games and play with me outside.

Keep getting stronger and we can't wait to see you back here in Sharpsburg! We are looking forward to more great updates.

We love you,
Mrs. Carlisle, Mrs. Laurie, and Your Pre-K Pals