Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tour de Hospital

Kyara may not be ready for Tour de France yet, but buddy she has the hospital down pat! Mr. Dan, the physical therapist let us borrow the trike for the weekend with the promise we would ride it. I think Kyara just about rode the wheels off the bike! She was all over the hospital. We found areas we had never explored. There was an area that had an indoor "jungle" complete with waterfall and bamboo! They had patio tables and umbrellas to sit at and enjoy the nature. We pulled up for a rest at the tables and had a sweet mommy-daughter talk. I ca n't remember how it got started, but I am pretty sure we were talking about Cars...the movie. Somehow we got on the subject of gasoline. Kyara said, "Like the gasoline you put on my lips everyday..." What gasoline do I put on her lips? "You know, so that my lips won't get dry." OHHH, the VASOLINE! Funny girl!!! I tell her she can win the races now that she has gasoline on her lips :)

Kassey and Mom are feeling better. Kassey has learned to climb up the stairs, I am not sure I am excited about this one. I hope she learns to go down them soon, too! Good timing for Mom and Kassey to feel better, because Dad is leaving tomorrow morning. He has been helpful to have here for the past few days.

Skylar had her Christmas program today and I am so sad that I missed it. Gunars said she was singing her heart out. Someone recorded it, so I will get to see it when I get home, its not the same, but it is better than nothing. Skylar also got the spend the night at her cousins' house last night. She was so excited. All week last week she kept telling me she couldn't wait to spend the night with her cousins. Thanks Aunt Missy and Uncle Allen!

Wednesday is the next big day for Kyara, we are waiting for the swallow study to determine if the leak is closed. Please continue to send the prayers for it to be healed on Wednesday!! We greatly appreciate the support!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shared your latest photos with my students who had sent cards. It's great to be able to let them know how things are going. Of course many of them are taking credit for her recovery-it's the cards that did it!!!
We're happy all is going well-
Susan Kennedy

Anonymous said...

I am glad everyone in the family is getting better and better every day. I can hardly wait until wednesday to hear the good results, of course is my hope. I am very happy to hear good news every day about Kyara's health and humor. Greetings to every one.
Love

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out of the room a good bit this weekend, I know it feels good for a change of pace and to explore the hospital some. We'll be sending up big prayers for the swallow study on Wednesday!

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear Kyara is so much better! I know it is so fun to see her back to herself again! Our prayers are with you all for sure that the test comes back with great results on Wednesday! Still thinking of you. Sara and Tim O'Dell

Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING Genie! the pictures and the entries are all so positive and it's wonderful news!!! We're praying here for good results on Wednesday!!! Lots of love from Miami!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Kyara is doing so well! Keep up the good work Kyara!

Anonymous said...

I am very glad to hear that Kyara is running races around the hospital. That is music to our ears!!! Our thoughts and prayers are going to be with Kyara on Wednesday. We will be waiting for good news..
Keep up the healing, you are doing great. Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.
Hugs and kisses from Mrs. Carlisle and Mrs. Laurie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are on the up. Good luck Wednesday and we are still praying hard for yall! Keep working hard,

The Vaughn's