Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Eating Eggs

Today Kyara was cleared to eat mushy foods. She was able to eat scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes. She also ate a little applesauce. Dr. Coran is very pleased with the way she looks. We wished she would eat more, but it will come. Until then, we will supplement with a high calorie nutritional drink. Dr. Coran said he is planning to discharge Kyara tomorrow as long as there are no surprises before now and then. We are planning on staying until Saturday...the weather is AWFUL!

Gunars and Skylar are on their way up. They got stuck in traffic outside Cinncinatti for more than 2 hours and went only 4 miles. They are moving again and trying to beat the storm that is coming this way. I keep telling Gunars to drive slow, and I think he is getting a bit annoyed with my warnings. I have been saying the same thing for 2 days, now. He is a smart fellow, I am sure he got the point the first time I said something, but I am worried about them. I want them to arrive safe and sound tonight. I guess I can be a bit nagging...

Mom is staying with Kyara tonight so that I will be at the Ronald McDonald House when Gunars and Skylar arrive. My mom has been such a trooper through all of this. She has let me be moody and bossy and has taken it all in stride. It has been a huge help having her here and I don't know what I would have done without her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipee!! What a wonderful Christmas present!! We will pray for safe travel both ways!!

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Answered prayers! And I would expect nothing less of Peggy Leonard! Drive safely...It's 67 degrees here!

The Vaughn's

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for the Super Moms of America (especially those currently located in Ann Arbor!) :)
We are overjoyed at the continued good news of Kyara! Hope the family is safe and sound on Friday. Have a wonderful day!
Love,
The Hammond crew

Anonymous said...

One good news after another, this is great. Hope Gunars and Skylar got safe to Michigan last night.
Hope the weather permits you to go home soon.
Big kisses to all of you.

Kim Conn said...

Wow...I have cried twice since I've read this!!! I am SO happy for all of you and pray that she continues to do well. I can't wait to go to lunch when you get back:)))