Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We have so much to be thankful for this year. I am so excited to be home with my family and to be able to spend the holidays with the people we love. We are all in good health and we have been so touched by the love that has been poured on our family. I would like to thank Poplar Road Elementary for having a coin drive and donating the money to the Ronald McDonald House of Ann Arbor. The RMH was wonderful for us and the donation really touched my heart. In fact, the letter made me cry. I have been brainstorming ways to help out the community the way we were helped during Kyara's hospital stay. I am going to look into shelters and RMH in the area where we can provide dinners or something. While staying at RMH, the dinners made the most difference to me! At the hospital, they were very generous with stuffed animals and books for the kids, in fact, it got to the point we said thank you, but no thank you :). But, to be able to run back to the RMH and have a hot meal, and not have to worry about cooking was tremendous! In my opinion, the meals were a great relief!

Kyara is doing great! She is eating more and more everyday. At first, I think she had some apprehension about eating, but as she eats she is realizing that it is ok. The gagging has stopped and she is able to eat small meals. We make sure everything is cut into small pieces, she has something to drink, and that she chews...alot! Skylar and Kassey are doing great as well.

I will update this blog periodically, but not as often as I have in the past, so please check in with us when you have the chance. In the meantime, we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, lots of love, and heaps of thanks for all the support you have provided our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dzenis Family! We are so proud to have you home!
The Fields

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas! It is great to hear that Kyara is doing so well. Doesn't the meaning of the holidays change once you have gone through an experience like this? We hope things continue to improve, and will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Joseph is missing Kassey something terrible!
--Steve, Michelle, and the boys

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys had an incredible Christmas! Knowing you were able to spend it at home was such a great joy and relief for our family. We have missed you guys.

We just got back from Nashville TN. but are home now. I will have to try to call and speak to Kyara soon. I haven't wanted to be intrusive, but if she feels up to talking, I would love to hear her sweet voice.

I will check in with you guys in the next few days. Please let us know if you need ANYTHING!