Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Surfs Up!!!

I am typing what Kyara says....

GOOD NEWS! NO LEAK!!

Kyara gets right to the point! We had the swallow study at 1:00 and it out GREAT. Dr. Coran is back in town and came in for the study. He said the leak is completely healed, the opening between the stomach and the esophagus is wide open (good thing, this is where food will get into her stomach), and they pulled out her NJ tube. Dr. Coran said the "esophagus" and stomach look beautiful. Perfect. She is eating soup today... high calorie drinks tomorrow. The plan is to then eat mushy solids on Friday and if that works ok, then discharge maybe Saturday!!!!! I can't believe it. I am beside myself with excitement and happiness. This is exactly what we have been praying for. In God's time, she has healed up perfect! In fact, Dr. Coran said he doesn't think it is necessary to scope her because she looks so good!
I have some pictures and we walked all over the hospital trying to find a place that will let us post them, but no luck. I will post the pictures as soon as I can from the Ronald McDonald House!!

YIPEE!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!!!Congratulations!!!! Lots of love and good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

HOT DOG!!! Answered prayers for sure!!! So excited for you to take your babies HOME!!! - Sara and Tim O'Dell

Anonymous said...

Genie: What GREAT new! It's what we all have been praying for. So it looks like you will be home for Christmas. That is so wonderful. We love you all. Uncle Bill and Aunt Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Wonderful News!!!! Kyara get to eating so you can come home.

Big hugs and kisses!!! I can't wait to give you a hug in person.

Love,
Mrs. Laurie

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!! What a great job! I am so happy for you all. What a wonderful Christmas present. Keep up the great work! Beth

Unknown said...

Awesome news! Prayers answered once again. God is good!
High Five Kyara!
The Cambas Family!

Michelle said...

I am SOOOOOO excited! If you need help moving everything back HOME, just let me know. I am so happy for all of you - I can only imagine how you are feeling. Hopefully we will see you on Monday (back here at home). Tell Kyara that I am waiting patiently to see her.

Ms. Michelle

Anonymous said...

GREAT GREAT NEWS GENIE!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Prayers answered! Curtis and Ansley were high five-ing when we read the news today!!!! We'll keep praying for safe travels for you guys...we miss you so much!
XOXOXOX!!!
Aunt Missy

Anonymous said...

Genie and Gunars
AWESOME...I was reading your blog just now and little Skylar walked in with a gift for me from Kyara!!Thanks so much. I'm just thrilled with all the good news and will be watching for you guys to come on SATURDAY. I will continue praying for you guys.

Lots of Love
Nurse Misty