Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sleeping

Kyara is still on the ativan drip so she is sedated and getting some rest. She has developed a fever last night and again today, so they are still checking on infections from the bile episode on Sunday night. She is going to stay in the PICU for a while...the doctors are going to work on getting her off some medications that they feel are not working for her neurologic issues and they plan to keep her comfortable while all the switching is going on. I am relieved that they will be watching her closer.

My dad was here for the weekend and went back home last night. It was a great break to have him here and I appreciated the time to sleep at nights. He spent each night with her! Gunars and Skylar are coming up on Friday and I can't wait to see them! Kassey has spent time outside playing (can you believe it was 70 degrees!?!?) and Bunny is running around trying to keep up with her. Thank goodness they have a fence around the playground here. No where for Kassey to run!

Tomorrow the doctors are going to check Kyara's thyroid levels. It is a long shot, but hypothyroidism can cause air in the colon wall and in the colon, so they are going to check it. Kyara's colon is still full of air and she still has air in the wall. I pray this will resolve. Another thought is that the air is caused by medications, so perhaps by getting rid of some and decreasing the levels of others, the air will decrease. I pray they get it all figured out...SOON!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM PRAYING FOR HER AND THIS CAN BE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYERS. I WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR KYARA.
LORI GRAY
FULTON, MS

Anonymous said...

Hey Carlie,
This is Cari P., I hope you remember me from class last semester. I've been following along with your blog whenever I've had a chance and I just wanted to let you and your family know that I def. think about you and pray that Kyara gets well soon. I can only imgaine what a tough and trying time this whole ordeal has been for everyone, but try to stay strong for your girls and hold your head high, at least around them. I almost start crying just reading your blog, so I imgaine the tears seems like they just don't want to stop from you eyes. But be strong and keep your faith strong. Everything will work out in the end. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know Me and Betty are sure pulling for the best . I know you hav to be worm out but you have to hang in there.

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie,
Getting medication straightened out can be a pain, but soooooooo worth it! I am so glad she is on the drip and getting some rest. Our HOPE word today is DETERMINDED. Now I am an old lady like Peggy, but I have NEVER seen anyone as determined as YOU. You amaze all of us with your determination to keep on keeping on and hanging on to the joy of tomorrow. You are the most amazing mom ever! Oh yes, and I think Peggy is pretty amazing, too. We love all of you, wink

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up and keep those doctors on their toes. You are doing a wonderful job with Kyara and we will continue to pray for your entire family and the doctors as well. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Praying with you! I believe the medications will be the key to some of the issues.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know you, Kyara, Gunars, Skylar, and Kassey are always on our minds and in our prayers. Skylar and Ben were paired for sparring yesterday, and it felt a little funny watching him fight a girl, but she really held her own. I had to keep saying to myself "Well, Martha, this IS karate . . . I mean what did you think they would do?!?"
Thank you for writing this blog, I really care about what is going on with you. You have been so often in my prayers that I feel I am with you, sometimes. Every day I pray obviously for Kyara, but also for all that love her, that you will feel God's loving arms around you and have the strength to face each new challenge.
My "quick" note got long, sorry.
Love,
Martha, Brian, and Ben Donnelly

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Kyara daily, and for your strength and rest!

Mandy Allen
Fayetteville, Ga

Unknown said...

Hi Genie, Thinking about Kyara and the family, continuing to pray. Hang in there!
Love,
Ann, Rho, Randal