Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Extubated!!




I am not sure why the pictures come out backwards from the way I download them, but here they are anyway. The one with Kyara and Gunars is from this weekend. I caught them both asleep Sunday morning. Kyara still had the breathing tube in. The first picture is from earlier today. I put the ball between Kyara's arm and her body. Because of her tone, she is trying to force her arm back into her body like her left arm is. I liked the way she was looking at the ball. This didn't stay for too long, but she went back to it with her eyes a couple of times.
This morning the doctors pulled the breathing tube! Yes! She is also very agitated, boo! :(
She is back to tightening up, and arching off the bed. I am getting frustrated by this. When are they going to figure out the meds??? 2 months is long enough, already! I hate seeing my baby in discomfort. It is really trying on me, physically (from stretching and repositioning her), mentally, and emotionally. I am looking for the postives in all of this, though. I think she looks more awake and aware now than she has in the past. So that is good.
I pray tonight that God will help the doctors figure out the meds so that Kyara can be comfortable, awake, and able to participate in therapies. I pray the feeding tomorrow will go smoothly (they are planning to restart her feeds), and I pray that Kyara will continue to heal. I know Kyara is destined for great things. She has already touched so many people, and in return you have touched me. Our family is so blessed to have so many people offering to help, praying for Kyara, and just keeping up with her story. I think Kyara is an amazing girl. The world is a better place with her in it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
This is wonderful to see they are getting tubes out! I pray for all of you everyday. I just happened across your family and I am so proud I did! You have blessed me and I just cant imagine your pain. Please know I will continue to pray for you.....especially Kyara. I call her by name when I pray.
God bless you and I willcontinue to keep up with you.
Lori Gray
Fulton, MS

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I especially love the one with Gunars and Kyara sleeping. Gunars loves his girls so very much! He is an awesome Daddy! We are so glad things are getting better and will continue to pray that the meds are figured out for Kyara. Continue to "think positive" and we will speak healing into Kyara. God can do anything! We miss and love all of you! Spokane

Anonymous said...

Genie, I begin every day by reading your blog and I will never stop lifting your baby and your family up in my prayers. May God bless you and yours every second of every day with continued strength, endurance, faith, and hope.
Love,
Beth Vaughn

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Gunars and Kyara - the love you guys have for her is so deep. Can you imagine the love God has for her? He has her wrapped in His arms too, and is watching every second over her. We will continue to pray for wisdom for the doctors to find the right combination of medicine. Hold on to each of the baby steps she is making for those are signs of the healing that is occuring inside. Know that we are all praying with you!!
The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Genie please be encouraged. People around the world are praying for you and your girls. You are so love. You and your family are VERY SPECIAL. The love and courage shows in every pictures.
I don't know the plans God has for you but it has to be wonderful.
Love
Aunt Ginger

Anonymous said...

Great News....hang in there, things are getting better every day. We continue to pray for peace and healing.

Much Love,
The Vaughn's

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures and even if she doesn't show it getting rid of the oxygen tube and all that tape has to feel wonderful to her! You are all still in our prayers and a miracle is what I'm ask God to send her way!

Laura said...

Great pictures! What a sweet moment between Gunars and Kyara... Love it. I pray Kyara continues to get better. Still praying for all of you. Kyara is darling, and you are right she is touching many people's lives. THX for sharing her sweetness with us. ((HUG))