Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Carseat Approved!

I found out today that our insurance has approved Kyara's monster carseat! This is a big relief. Now we have to push the vendor to get the carseat to us ASAP! I don't want to have to wait on the carseat once they give us the go-ahead to come home.

Today Kyara is looking more aware of her surroundings. she seems to be "gaze shifting" better. This means she looks around the room at where noises are coming from, "watches" people enter or exit the room, etc. Before her eyes would sweep the room without really stopping on anything in particular, now she seems to "watch" things. This is a new improvement! She also lifted her right leg up off the bed today, another thing that is new! Baby steps!

The doctors did not start her feeds today because she seemed agitated. So...what's new? She has been agitated for the past 2 months! I lost my cool a little today with one of the PMR doctors and I feel bad about that, but really.... it has been long enough. I am ready for them to get her meds figured out!! I have tried to be patient, I have tried to be calm, and now I am just down right frustrated. Figure it out, or let us go and see if Atlanta can figure it out! Ok, I am taking a breath...

Thank you for all of the prayers that you are sending our way. I know with God's help, Kyara is making improvements. Each day brings new developments and that is all we can ask for. Moving forward in this journey one day at a time. I am still praying that the doctors figure Kyara's meds out, and that the distension in her belly goes away. I pray Kyara is comfortable and awake so that she can participate in therapies and continue to improve each day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah about the carseat!!!! Just remember baby steps. She didn't learn to walk before jumping up at birth able to run. I am sorry that you are frustrated. I am just impressed you haven't lost your top before. Lots of Love and Prayers
Lana

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie,
You teach us so much! Honey, be frustratd and say what you need to! You have every right to be frustrated! Our HOPE word today is JOY! Each "baby step" gives all of us JOY at knowing that that sweet girl is preparing to come to Georgia soon! We love you, Wink

ireina said...

Hey Genie, your frustration is very normal, even I am frustrated about everything going on with poor Kyara. I don't know if this will help but I am going to give you info on the GI doctor that Paul used to see, he is fantastic incase you need a fresh doctor. His name is Jeffrey Blumenthal and he is in Scottish Rite CCDHC Childrens Center for Digestve HealthCare. He is very good and sweet loving doctor, has very good bedside manner. His number is 404-257-0799. Just incase I felt I should give you this info, you never know if you might need it. Our prayers continue for Kyara, the docts, nurses and your family.

God Bless,
Ivette

Anonymous said...

Genie, we share in your frustrations and stand like an army behind you and a cheerleading squad behind Kyara. So happy to read the "baby steps", definitley worth praise. Also glad to hear you are making steps to come back home- such good news! Sara O'Dell

Anonymous said...

Praise God for baby steps!! Still praying...

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

Still praying!!! Love to All
Misty

Anonymous said...

Genie, it looks like Kyara is starting to react more! that's wonderful news! Let's hope she keeps it up. And great news on the car seat. Little by little you are all taking steps towards getting home. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Genie,

We always get so overjoyed with every positive improvement that we learn about Kyara because we know she can do this and she'll be home soon! That's great that the insurance is covering the car seat too. I would've already gone off on the doctors had it been Gracie there, so don't feel too bad about that. We send out our prayers and blessings to all of the Dzenis family and cannot wait to have you back!

Allison, Orlando & Gracie

Anonymous said...

We are excited to hear about Kyara's baby steps. We continue to join you in prayer. Please give her a hug and kiss from all of her friends in Pre-K. We all love and miss her very much!

Laurie and Josette

Michelle said...

Woo Hoo!!!! You have every right to get angry with those doctors! Get the meds figured out and lets get on with the recovery! You are right - 2 months is long enough. I am so glad that the carseat was approved! Yes one less thing to worry about. The gazing now, the focusing will be next! Keep those legs moving too (maybe she was remembering soccer)? Well, our prayers are being heard and they will continue to come! Love to all!

Ms. Michelle

Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by that I don't think of your sweet Kyara, you, and the rest of your family. I check your blog every evening, and pray like crazy that each day will be better than the last. I know you are ready to get home for many reasons, and I can't help but believe that the sooner this happens, the better. Keep your chin up, girl. There's no doubt Kyara girl gets her amazing strength from you. Love, Becky Tonn Gaston

Anonymous said...

We are still praying that you all will be back in GA really soon. You have faith and strength that can move mountains.

Anonymous said...

Genie- Hi! Glad to hear some bits of good news! Everytime I check this site, I am amazed at your strength!! I am so sorry that you are frustrated- but it is so clear that God is watching out for all of you, and maybe frustration is part of the plan- moving you onto your next phase of action-- you have taken such good care of Kyara so far!- looking forward to more good news_- Kerry Worley (Scott's wife from t and p)