Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Friday, March 13, 2009

Kyara is Bamboo

I read this story on another child's blog and I really liked it...

One day I decided to quit.
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality... I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
"God", I asked, "Can you give me one good reason not to give up?"
His answer surprised me.

"Look around," He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?

"Yes," I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light.
I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit.
In the second year, the fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo," He said.

"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit.
In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would not quit," he said.

"Then in the fifth year, a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern, it was seemingsmall and insignificant... But just six months later, the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.

"I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."

He asked me, "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots?"

"I would not quit on the bamboo.
I will never quit on you."

"Don't compare yourself to others," He said.
"The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern.
Yet they both make the forest beautiful."

"Your time will come," God said to me.
"You will rise high."

"How high will I rise?" I asked.

"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.

"As high as it can?" I questioned.

"Yes." He said. "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

I left the forest and brought back this story.




This story really spoke to me. I pray Kyara is like the bamboo. I pray God is creating her roots and when the time is right she will blossom. God is great...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, let's prentend Kyara is like a bamboo, it is growing even if we do not see it, she will make it and will be very proud of herself later in her life.
Very nice of what you wrote.
Love and my prayers are every day for Kyara.

Anonymous said...

God absolutely works in mysterious ways! In my heart, I have no doubt that her little body is rebuilding those roots. We cannot see it because it is all on the inside. Hold strong, in time, we will be witness to one of God's amazing miracles!!

Know that you guys are never far from our thoughts, and are always in our prayers!!

The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Jenny, yes God is with you and your family, how else would you be able to share Kyara's condition with us. I pray for you to continue to keep your eyes on God and he will bring you through. (by saying you I mean your family). Doctors usually only know the scientific diagnoses, but God he is the one true healer.
We love and continue to pray for you
Jan and Keith

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful. I don't think it was a coincidence that God allowed you to "HEAR" Kyara's voice yesterday. He knew you needed a sign and new Hope. Hold on to that and trust in Him, He is with Kyara and your entire family. It seems maybe Kassey is his chosen tool at this point in Kyara's progress. Way to go Kassey, keep up the good work.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and everyone gets lots of rest.
Take care,
The Henley's

Anonymous said...

I love it. Kyara is like bamboo.... growing strong and taking her time for when she is ready.

Tina

Anonymous said...

What a dear story! Yes, Kyara is like bamboo, making new pathways, healing more each day.
Clara

Anonymous said...

God is working and Kyara is growing them roots daily. Hugs to all of you and give her a high five from Sensei for saying Hey to her little sister! God is letting you see that she is getting stronger.
I wish there was more than words we could do to help. Please remember God loves you and Kyara and to give it time. Grow bamboo grow.. :)
Love the Cambas Family

Anonymous said...

You continue to inspire us! Thanks for that beautiful story. God is growing "roots" or "new pathways" and Kyara will continue to blow us all away! Your strength is amazing and I know that is God's work!

Please get some rest this weekend and know we love you guys and continue to pray!
Laurie and Josette

Winkie-Dink said...

What a beautiful story! Somedays I feel like I say "nothing" that helps, so I am going to being my Alphabet of HOPE for you today. My first letter is A---mazing--that is what Kyara and all of you are!!! Prayers flying on wings of love, wink

Anonymous said...

Grow those roots, we're praying for pathways. Thanks for the great story, I know that is so true...one day we will all get to witness an amazing miracle but for now we'll accept that God is growing pathways and roots that we can't see. Love to all of you,
The Lopers

Sarah said...

Hey! That was beautiful. That is giving me such great hope. Kyara I love you and your family.


Sarah

Unknown said...

What an inspirational story! I just happened upon the page - am a nurse caring for a pt on a vent. Typed in g-tube and your little girl popped up. I will be praying for her. Robin

Anonymous said...

I love that story. Thanks for sharing. Thinking about Kyara and the family often...keep strong.