Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Plan

Today the doctors are planning on extubating (removing Kyara's breathing tube). This is scheduled to happen between 11:00-12:00. I am a little nervous because when I walked in this morning, Kyara was breathing about 80 times a minute! This is extrememly fast. For one minute, try to breath that fast. I tried and I thought I would pass out! The nurse gave her morning meds, and now she is resting comfortably again. Thank God!

Dr. Laurie, the neuro-psych doctor, was in this morning. She said Kyara was following the nurse with her eyes and she walked around the room! Tracking?!? She also looked at a picture that Dr. Laurie showed her. These are good things. I pray this is just the beginning of good things to come.

As you may be aware, we are stying at the Ronald McDonald House of Ann Arbor. While we are guests there, we have rules and chores that we have to do. Each day we have a chore in the house such as cleaning the playroom, vacuumming a certain area, sweeping and mopping the kitchen, etc. It is on a rotation, so each room has a chore and every 5 days or so we have a day off. I mention this for two reasons... First my mom has been doing our chore everyday. One thing I don't have to worry about. What a blessing! Secondly, there is a group coming in today who stayed at the RMH in the past. They are providing dinner tonight, but they are also doing EVERYONE'S CHORE! This is a huge relief to many families at the RMH. One less thing to think/worry about. Guess what our chore is today..... we have the day off! :) Literally, on the schedule, today was going to be our day off, anyway. Still, it is such a fantansic idea! I know many of the families are very greatful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all part of God's big plan!!! To God be the glory great things He hath done for Kyara and the families!! Continuing to pray for Kyara's recovery and healing and your family's strength. Also praying for wisdom for the dr.s to know the next step of God's plan!! :O)
The Smith's
Stephen, Emily, and Creighton

Michelle said...

Wow, so good to hear Kyara was tracking!!!!! Hooray for such a brave girl! Good luck on the extubation... we'll say an extra prayer this morning.

When your dinner group is finished, please send them to my house. We have PLENTY of chores to keep them busy ;)

Love, Michelle

Anonymous said...

What great and positive news! I know you all are excited. What a blessing to be able to have Peggy up there with you for the duration. I have not been posting as much lately, but please know that I do check the blog daily and pray ceaselessly. Caitlin and Savannah are still asking when Kyara gets home can they come play with her.

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of Kyara! She and God have more miraculous surprises in store for all of us! We are very excited! Please give her a kiss from us.

We continue to pray for all of you and for the doctors as well.

We love and miss you guys!
Laurie and Josette

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie,
Exciting news!! Tracking something she sees!!!! that is very encouraging! Our HOPE word today is INCREDIBLE! That clearly defines all of you, but especially my good friend Peggy. Give her an extra hug for me. Love you, Wink

Anonymous said...

Go Kyara!!! Amazing. Track star!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Kyara!!!!! Genie, I am so tickled to hear about you seeing these BIG signs of improvement. It was sad to hear she didn't want her Daddy to leave, but wonderful to hear, she knows what is happening and feels emotion. Now, tracking!!! I can't wait to see what God has planned next. I am blessed you are allowing me to witness this obvious Miracle!! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this journey. I know there is still a long ways to go, but Kyara IS going to win this battle. To God be the glory!
Love and prayers,
The Henley's