Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Planning Arrangements

We are working on arrangements for Kyara's service. We hope to have the service Tuesday, March 22, but we still have to make sure it will work with both the funeral home and our church. The service will be held at Fayetteville First United Methodist Church in Fayetteville, Georgia. As for visitation and such... we are thinking of having some time before the service for viewing and would like to invite everyone to join us in a celebration of her life immediately following her service at the church. Exact details will follow as we get them ironed out. I will know more tomorrow after meeting with both the funeral home and the church.

Today has been a better day than I expected it would be. We have tried to keep things as normal as possible for the girls. Skylar played in her soccer game this afternoon and played FANTASTICALLY! She said she thinks Kyara helped her...I think so, too. Skylar is now at a birthday party where they are having "makeovers." I received at text picture (Thank you, Marcia!) and she looked like she was having a blast. Kassey is hanging with Gunars and me while we get errands done and details figured out. We ate lunch with one of my brothers (Matt) and his family, my parents, and Gunars' mom (Luz Estela) and it was nice to just relax a little and enjoy everyone's company.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that today was a good one for you all. Kyara is happy to see you all enjoying life together too. Love to you all.

The Lopers

Mrs. Laurie said...

Thanks Genie for letting us know of Kyara's arrangements for her celebration. I have heard a song that you need to listen to by Carrie Underwood, "Temporary Home" It reminds of Kyara. I am glad that today was a good day for everyone. We all know that Kyara is happy too.

Love to you all,
Mrs. Laurie

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

I will pray for you all...

Laura Long said...

I am so glad to hear today was such a good day for you all. I will continue to keep you in my prayers for many wonderful days in the future with Kyara watching over you all!

Emily said...

I'm sure Kyara told God to spread a little extra sunshine on you all today. :O) Our prayers are still with you all. Thank you for letting us know about the arrangements. Creighton has been speculating about what Kyara is doing in heaven. He says "I'm sure she is having a good time."Much love,
The Smith family

Laura Meeker said...

Gunars, Genie, Skylar, Kassey, Bunny, and Pop, you have always been in my thoughts and prayers since you left Michigan. Hearing of Kyara's passing is a sad time here for us on earth, but in heaven she is without pain, laughing, and smiling, and learning to be an angel in heaven instead of on earth. My heart aches for your loss, but I know that with the strength your family has shown these past few years, you will be able to get through this difficult time. We're all thinking of you here in the PICU. Love to you all!

Laura Meeker (Eppley)
University of Michigan
PICU RN

Anonymous said...

Gunars and Genie, Kyara will be in my mind and my heart always. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your family. Love Melissa