Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Still Can't Find My Camera!

Oh, NO! I don't know where my camera is!! I have looked all over my house, my car, and the hospital room and I can't find it anywhere. Last time I remember having it was at the house, I downloaded pictures onto the computer, so where is it now... I hate not having it.



On to Kyara...



Kyara is finally at goal feeds! YEA! This means the IV nutrition (TPN) is officially off! She is just getting feeds through her J-tube now. This is a big steps and we are praying that her colon doesn't start acting funny again. One thing I have noticed is that she has had a couple of times where she threw up a little bile. This is not terrible, but I wish it wasn't happening. With her stomach so far up in her chest, it is not surprising that she has so reflux. If we don't have her propped up high enough, or if she coughs, sometimes she has some bile come up. Again, not a huge deal, but something that I wish didn't happen.



My poor dad had a rough night and day today with her. Last night she woke up around midnight and didn't go back to sleep all night! Then today, both her NG-Tube and her J-Tube were pulled out!! My goodness! What a day! She was pretty upset most of the day, but Gunars is with her now and said she has calmed back down.



We are still waiting to hear when the baclofen pump surgery will be. I am anxious. I hope it is soon rather than later. The earliest will be Tuesday, but I have not been told an exact date yet. This leaves me in an ackward position. I am trying to arrange help for the nights (between my mom and Gunars' mom) but I want to make sure I am there before the surgery. But, since we are inpatient and this is an "elective procedure" we don't have a scheduled time. I guess they figure they have us there for whenever they decide they can do the surgery.



Kyara continues to show signs of improvement. Yesterday, before I left, Kyara had speech. The speech therapist, Lindsay, used two cards. One had a smiley sun and the word "yes" on it, the other had a large red X and the word "no" on it. She showed Kyara each card and explained to her what they meant. She then asked her to look at the "Yes". Kyara did. She asked her to look at the "No" (which was to Kyara right, this is the direction Kyara has a harder time looking towards) and after a second or two, she looked at the "no"! Then Lindsay, asked Kyara a question, she reminded Kyara what the cards meant and told her to look at the answer. Kyara answered 3 or 4 questions properly using the cards!! YEA!! We are suppose to work on this a couple of times a day for 10-15 minutes. Lindsay said that this is like exercise for the brain and that it can be very exhausting! I am thrilled that we are working on a way for her to communicate with us! I know she is in there and each time she does something like this, I am thanking and praising God! He is continuing to hold Kyara up and help her heal. His time! Slowly, it is coming!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyara seems to be making tremendous strides since returning to Ga. I think the move has been wonderful, not only for her, but the whole family. God is good, and we can all see his work thru Kyara. Our prayers continue to be with you.
The Henley's

Mrs. Carlisle said...

We are so proud of you Kyara! You continue to amaze and impress us!

We love you guys and continue to pray. Now we are adding a prayer that God helps you find that camera. We love the pictures! :-)

Laurie and Josette

Anonymous said...

Genie,
We are continuing to pray for Kyara and your entire family. We know Kyara is "in" there! It will take time for all of the new passages to grow and thread through her brain. You will see tremendous improvements when God is finished with His handiwork! He has great plans for Kyara and she does have a purpose, some are already being fulfilled. We love your family and check on your blog everyday. Love from Spokane!

Anonymous said...

As for the camera....Maybe Kassey decided to become a photographer, I would check the toy box LOL :D
Hope you find it soon!!!
Anne Henley