Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!!! It is a day for rejoicing in the beauty of being a mother! Have a wonderful day!

Kyara is doing better with the baclofen. Still not perfect in terms of tone, but better. Legs are a ton better and arms are getting there. She was moving and opening and closing her fingers tonight, so that is good signs. Since she has been bed ridden since Wednesday, Kyara is starting to swell some. Her face is definetely swollen and her feet are tight, like they have a lot of fluid pooling in them. The doctors assure me that when she gets up on Monday and starts moving again, this issue will start to resolve. She is also still crying and fussing a good bit during the day. This can be seen in two ways. Either this is just the way it is, or she is waking up and trying to communicate with us. I pray that it is that she is trying to communicate and this is a phase she is still going through. The doctor said this is his "hope." His hope? What is that suppose to mean? How do I take that? I hope to win the lottery. That doesn't mean my chances are very good. I am going to pray that Kyara is trying to communicate and that this is a step towards her waking up more. I think praying is better than hoping.

I had a nice dinner at my parents' house tonight with my brothers and their families, my parents, and my Nannie and Papa (Bunny's mom and dad). It was once again a very bittersweet time for me. I loved seeing all the cousins out playing together, then would cry realizing that one cousin was missing. Gunars was not eating with us, Kyara was not there, and so the night felt wrong to me. I know that Skylar had a good time, though. She told me last night that she is sometimes very lonely. Can I blame her? She said she can't wait for Kyara to come home so she will have someone to play with. Oh, my heart sank. I tried to explain that Kyara is still recovering and that when she comes home, she is not going to be like she used to be. How do you explain to a 6 year old? I don't know. I have had a tough weekend at home. Gunars has been spending the nights at the hospital and I just miss him so much. Although we see each other a little here, a little there, it is not enough.

Ok, enough complaining. Get it together, girl! There is much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, 2 healthy, happy girls, Kyara is responding to the baclofen better each day, I have the love and support of my family and friends. God is watching over us, and leading us towards brighter days.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU, Genie!
We will hope and pray believing in the wondrous power and love of our Savior! I can't think of anyone who deserves a happier Mother's Day than You! (Peggy comes in a close second!) Kyara will surely bless you tomorrow too! Skylar's comment about being lonely would break anyone's heart, especially when you're the mom. We pray for Skylar too, this I'm sure is a very sad time for her too. Gunars we pray healing over your broken heart too, and will never forget to include you in our prayers too. We love you all and hold you close to our hearts. Spokane

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! You have got to be the strongest mother out there. You are doing a great job dealing with all of this. Who can't blame you for breaking down at times. I read your blogs everyday and am amazed at how positive and inspiring you are. I pray for your family and little Skylar daily. I have 3 kids of my own and just can't imagine having one of them sick. Hang in there, you are doing awesome! I hope today is a good day for you and everyone else. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to a phenomenal mom!! You continue to be an inspiration for all moms with your wonderful example of dedication and perserverance.
God Bless,
Jess Hernandez

Michelle and Eddy said...

God bless you, Genie... your comment brought tears to my eyes today, being that it is Mother's Day... but then again, every day is Mother's Day, and every day brings miracles our way... we just have to be open minded to see them... hang in there, your little girl will come home soon and your prayers will be answered.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Genie,
I am so glad the surgery went well and that Kyara's tone continues to improve. I bet that Monday will be brighter when she can have her therapies again and be out of bed some.
Thank you so much for your dear note. We continue to pray for you all daily. Your girls have a wonderful mother.
Clara

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Genie!! You are doing an outstanding job. Hope you have a wonderful day. Take care--we are still praying for you all.
The Henley's

Anonymous said...

GENIE! I'm glad you had a good mothers days. No one deserves it more than you. You are a human angel and even if you don't know it, or feel it, or think it, you and kyara--your whole family—bring strength to so many people everyday. I know you'd probably just rather have your little girl back to the way she was, but in the meantime, try to take solace in the fact that the both of you inspire so many to see the goodness of god everyday. thinking of you, audrey