Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Weekend

I know, I have been falling down on the job of the blog writer. To be honest, I haven't had the interest in writing lately, but I am going to get back into it. I think it is a good release for me as well as helps to keep everyone informed of Kyara's progress. I have also had times where I have looked back at it to let doctors know when she had a procedure done. So it is useful in many ways.



Friday Kyara had botox done in her elbows and forearm to help with her fingers. Since getting the baclofen pump her legs have been much looser, but her arms are tighter, so I hope the botox helps. They are goingt to start serial casting her elbows this week, too. This will give a constant stretch to her arms and hopefully help straighten them back out.

Kyara seems to be becoming more and more aware of her environment and she is getting stronger. After a week in the bed not allowed to be moved, she was VERY weak. We are seeing improvements in her strength each day, though. She still is not as strong as she appeared before the pump, but we are told that she was using alot of tone to move then, and she can't do that now. So, it is now up to her and her muscles to do purposefull movements.

Yesterday she was kicking her leg up to press a button that had Skylar's voice on it. Saturday, Kassey, Skylar, and I went to the hospital to eat dinner with Gunars and Kyara. She seemed to really respond to her sisters and lifted her head up a couple of times to look at them and look around. We are praying these things build on each other and Kyara continues to get stronger and stronger.

One last note: HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY, SKYLAR!!!!! I can't believe she is already 7! Where did the time go? We are so very proud of her. She is a fantastic daughter and biggest sister!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYLAR!!! You big sweetie pie :) Tedra

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Skylar!! From your birthday buddy, Austin.

PS We're moving up to the big karate class this week, hope all goes well.

We are all praying for ALL of you! We haven't forgotten you and God will NEVER forget you!

The Lopers

Mrs. Carlisle said...

We hope you had a fantastic birthday Skylar!

We are also very happy to hear that Kyara seems to be more aware of the ones she loves so much! She makes improvements all the time, and we are so proud of her and excited to see God's handiwork!

We can't wait to see Kyara again. Please tell her that we love and miss her very much!

We hope to see all of you soon!
Love you guys!
Laurie and Josette

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie!
Thanks for posting! We do look forward to hearing how ya'll are. The HOPE word today is ZEST! All of your children add "ZEST" to your life and you in turn to theirs. Isn't the entire concept of family just amazing!! God is good. Happy Birthday to Skylar! Hug Peggy and yourself!! I love you, Wink

kupcake said...

I just wanted to tell you how much fun Daniel had at Skylar's party. I keep a blog going for my daycare (I run an in-home daycare for teachers) and I check yours every day. I quietly cheer Kyara on each time I read about her. I don't think, even many years down the road, that she will ever realize how many lives she has touched and how many prayers have been said with her name in them. I can't wait to see her running down the halls at Willis Road again and I will be there to cheer her on when it happens.

Anonymous said...

Genie-
Sorry I have not been checking this site more! With the wedding and honeymoon it has been crazy! I am so glad that she got her pump!!!!! I have been thinking about you and your family and praying that all is going well. I definitely believe that Miss Kyara will continue to get stronger, each day is another chance for God to show us his amazing love. I get back from our trip in 2 days and work on Monday, so I will pop over and visit you guys then! As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers! Happy birthday Skylar!

Love, Stephanie RN

Amy said...

Just checking in and letting you all know you are still in our thoughts and prayers. Hope this day is filled with more baby steps and that the love you all share for each other and for Christ will continue to give you the strength to persevere!!

God Bless You!
The Brandons

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I check often even if I don't always leave a note...Everytime I come to work it's one of the things I do...check on Kyara.:)HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYLAR! Heather

Lana said...

I just saw this on fb and had to share: "No matter how steep the mountain - the Lord is going to climb it with you. -- Helen Steiner Rice --"

Lots of love
Lana

carrie pratt said...

I finally checked in on your updates. Think of you guys often and say prayers all the time for Kyara and your whole family! Glad to hear your flight back was safe. Hope your progress continues. Skyler wrote Skylar s letter I need to send out. Been busy. We brought Timothy home but come back down every week for dilatations. How crummy. Hope to be nearing the end of them. Tell Bunny Julian talks about her often. It was nice to be able to read Kyara's update. Thank you so much for sharing such a difficult situation. Happy Birthday Skyar!
Carrie Pratt