Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, May 4, 2009

Found It!!!

The camera has been found! Yea! That is a load off! I knew I put it someplace "safe." And it was certainly safe, I couldn't even find it anymore! It was actually at the hospital in a drawer. Lately, things are out of sight, out of mind for me. But now it is found and I can exhale a deep sigh of relief.

Kyara had a good weekend with Gunars. The girls and I went up and visited some on Saturday, and then I went back up after Skylar's soccer game on Sunday and spent the night and most of the day today with her. She is still working on rolling, pressing switches to play music, and the "yes"/"no" cards. Today she appeared to "smile" on command. The speech therapist asked her to smile at me, and she kinda got one side up a little. Not enough to show her sweet dimples, but enough to brighten her face. Lindsay, the speech therapist, has told me that smiling on command is a difficult feat for kids. They usually will smile because of happiness first. Well, I haven't seen much of that. I pray it will change after she gets the Baclofen pump and is more comfortable. I also have a fear that I am putting too much stock in the Baclofen pump. Am I building it up to be the miracle drug? And how will I handle it if it doesn't solve Kyara's muscle tone and crying issues? I guess being aware of these issues is the best course of action. I just remember how excited I was to finally be going home, and the let down I had when Kyara had a difficult time with the transition.

Kyara has been wowing some of the Physical Therapists by bending at the hip and knee and shifting her weight to help with rolling. Of course, she still needs quite a bit of help, but we are getting somewhere! Oh, and Lindsay also told me today that she is hearing Kyara make different sounds when she is crying. This is a move towards talking again. YEA! We thank God for each step she takes!

3 comments:

Mrs. Carlisle said...

We are very excited that Kyara is doing so well with her therapy. She is one tough kid!

It is so great to see you guys again! We have missed your beautiful faces.

Thanks for the update and we are grateful that you have that CAMERA!

Love you all!
Laurie and Josette

Michelle said...

Wow, something new and exciting every day! She is happy to be back in Georgia! So glad you found your camera... I could not go one day without mine. Please post more pictures of Kyara when you get a chance!

Much love and prayers,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! We are still praying!!
The Brandons