Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, September 2, 2010

To Grey or Not to Gray... That is the Question

As only my closest confidences may know, I have been going gray since I was in high school.  I am sure that most anyone who has seen me lately knows that I color my hair, and sometimes, I don't do a great job of it.  My roots grow out at lightning speed.  It seems like I need to color my hair every week!  The past 2 years, my grays have gotten even worse.  I think stress plays a major factor on how quickly my hair has turned.  But, I also have to thank my mother, Bunny.  She has a headful of beautiful gray hair.  At least I didn't get my dad's hair, or lack of it, like my brothers! :)  So I went today to get my first haircut since March (a week before Kyara passed away).  While I was there, I asked what I should do about my grays. 

"Embrace them!" 

"WHAT???" 

Ok, so Gunars has been telling me for a while now that he thinks I should just "Go Gray."  Now my hairdresser is telling me to let it grow out.  I am not sure.  I think I might just go for it, though.  I was told the best way to go about it is to let my roots grow out, then we will cut off my hair at the colorline.  OH boy!  Yikes!  But, seriously, it is JUST HAIR.  There are so many other things in life to stress over than HAIR.  I figure, if it doesn't look good, I can wear a hat, recolor, and let it grow back out.  Why worry about it? 

So, if you see me on the street, please don't mistake me for Skylar and Kassey's grandmother. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't like it...you can always color it back.

Gunars said...

You would be one HOT grandma!!

graham said...

Let it go, girl! I decided when the gray started coming to let it be and I'm fine with it. I'm just too darned lazy to fool with all that coloring stuff. We are what we are!!

Linda Sabala said...

For Pete's sake, Genie. Let the gray take over. Peggy has such beautiful hair...and I know yours will be just like it! You are such a lovely young woman that NO ONE will mistake you for someone MY age! (Hee hee!) Linda, Zachy's GRANDMA