Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy, Hectic, Tired

Those three words explain my life right now.   I am doing an online Chemistry class, which is kicking my "hiney", another education class (which I really need to start working on!),  I am helping coach 2 soccer teams, working on a Bible study class, and trying to be a decent mom and wife when I can.  My house is a wreck, laundry has been piling up for days, and I can't remember the last time I swept or mopped the floors, nevermind the bathrooms.  A warning should be put up... "Enter at your own risk!"  Now that Halloween is right around the corner, I bet I can find some decorations that would be fitting!  As busy as my life seems to be, I still feel like I should be doing more.  Something is missing.  Am I making myself this busy so I don't have to sit still and be in my own thoughts?  That could be.  I need to be exercising somewhere in there, but I can't seem to find the time during the day, and I refuse to get up at a "redonkulous" time in the morning.  I need my sleep way too much!   But I have found that I have more energy when I exercise.  Not right away, but as I get into the routine, it does the body good!

The other day I took Kassey to the bookstore because she loves to play with the trains in the kid's section.  While we were there, I picked up a book to "browse" through.  I only planned to stay for 10-15 mins because I had  lovely chemistry calling  my name at the house.  But, since procrastination is my middle name when it comes to things I don't want to do, we went to the bookstore.  Anyway, the book that grabbed my attention was called "The Boy Who Went to Heaven and Came Back" (or something like that).  Well, I picked it up, a bit interested to see what it said and I was soon engrossed in this book. It is written by a father and son who were in a carwreck and their journey through heaven, hospitilizations, comas, paralysis, etc.  It is a story of hope and love.  The father had written a blog like this one during this traumatic time in their life and based his portion of the book on the blog.  The boy writes about God, Heaven, and love.  An hour and half after we walked into the bookstore, and many tears later, I finally said... I need to put this book down.  I guess I will have to return to the bookstore to finish the book!  So much for a 10-15 min visit! 

Skylar has been playing soccer for the past 2 months and is starting to really understand her role on the field.  It is such a joy to watch her go from looking lost and unsure to confident on the field.  Still a long way to go, but she is loving it!  But, if she changes her mind and wants to play a different sport, I am all for that, too.  I just want the girls to be active.

Kassey starts soccer next Saturday.  I am so excited to bring my chair and sit and watch.  She is so funny!  Lately she has been telling us "I love you so, so, so, so, SO MUCH!"  Each so gets louder and louder until she is screaming the last "so much!"  It tickles my heart to hear it.  I need to record it so that I will always be able to hear her say that to me.  That is one thing I wish we had more of.  I don't have alot of videotape of Kyara.  I don't know if I could watch it now, but I wish I had more for the future.  Lesson learned.  VIDEOTAPE YOUR KIDS!

I need to do some more chemistry, so until next time...  may God bless you and your family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were there Genie, I would be thrilled to do your laundry for you! If your house is too tidy when your kids are small, then someone precious is being ignored. You are a great mom and playing in the dirt with your kids is more important than cleaning it. Can't wait for your visit! Love, Spokane

Anonymous said...

I think you have such a great talent in writing and expressing yourself in words.
In your heartbreaking path, at times, you even had the ability to make me smile...
I really think you should go for the book!
Love,
Valeria