Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kyara's Home

Kyara came home on Monday. We are all excited, exhausted, overwhelmed, and thankful to be together. On Monday, my brother, Allen, came up to help me get Kyara out of the room and home. She had a LOT of stuff! Well, I was told she would be discharged between 10-11 am. I told Allen to be there at 11:30, I know how hospitals work. I figured we would get out sometime after 12pm. (Allen guessed, 1:30...he wins! :( ) Well, at 5:30 pm, 2 xrays, and a NG Tube (which is 30 cm from the tip of her nose to the end of the NG tube in her stomach) placement later, we were finally on our way. Could have been worse...

Anyway, I am exhausted and still trying to cope with being home. This has been a very difficult transition for me. Kyara is "crying" "moaning" "fussing" whatever you want to call it, most of the time. I have found that walks in the neighborhood calm her, but what about the other 14 hours of the day that she is awake?? Kyara begins out patient therapy tomorrow, so I am praying that it will go well. I pray that the crying will lessen so that I can keep my sanity. I am so thankful for my mother-in-law and my mom, who have been helping at the house SO much.
My mom, Bunny, is splitting time here and in Columbus with my Nanny (Bunny's mom).

Speaking of which, Papa's funeral was beautiful. I really appreciated the kind words that were spoken about him. My brother, Matt, got up and spoke at the funeral and it was more touching than words can say. He was great...I was extremely proud of him. He touched on the special memories we have of Papa, I think he could have gone on for hours. Papa was an amazing man.

6 comments:

The Lanes said...

What wonderful news that Kyara finally was able to come home. We are continually praying for you and yours through this time of transition!!!!
Lots of Love
Lana

ireina said...

I am so glad you are all home together again. I know that must feel great after so long. We continue praying for all of you and specially for Kyara's recovery. I believe now she will do great at home with the therapies, being at home I believe is the best therapy the rest comes in time. Stephanie keeps asking me when Skylar is coming to play. When you are all up for it we would love to get together, wherever is more comfortable for all of you. God Bless.

Love,
Ivette

Anonymous said...

I hope since the post you have been able to get a bit of relief. Maybe for her the change of scenery is overwhelming. Overtime, will you be able to have others take her on short walks so you can get a bit of quiet space? I'm unsure of where you live, but once my family and I return from visiting our family on July 1, my daughter and I would certainly be avail. for taking Kyara spin around the block if you are comfortable with that. We live in Bedford Forset near the school, so let us know. Kyara probably wouldn't have know me through school but I'm sure we could work something out. Let us know.
While you are tending everyone's needs, try to work out some time for yours. Easier said than done, I know. My home email is Imaritimea@aol.com. Let us know. I only check school's email about once a week. take care-Susan K.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are constantly praying for all of you!!
The Brandons

Laura said...

This is wonderful news!!! I hope the transition can be smooth for all and that Kyara is not 'fussing' so much.

It makes me very happy to know you are all together in one place. YAY! (eventhough we have never met... I send my (((HUGS)))

Mrs. Carlisle said...

We are so grateful that you are all home together. We want to help in any way we can. Please let us know your needs. We can't wait to see Kyara and all of you soon!

We continue to pray for all of you during this time of adjustment.

We love you,
Laurie and Josette