Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Friday, August 6, 2010

Kyara's 6th Earthly Birthday

Whew! I am exhausted! Today has been emotionally and physically difficult. I think more emotional than physical, we were just crazy busy! Between getting food together for Hospice Atlanta, making T-shirts for us to wear, and Skylar's "meet the teacher," we have been running since 8:00 this morning! So, I am going to let the pictures do the talking and I will write again in the next day or so. The first two are of Kassey and Skylar helping me make meatloaf. Doesn't it look like fun??
We had a nice time serving the staff and families at Hospice Atlanta.
This is the front of our t-shirts. Kyara used to talk to me about the rainbows she would see when she would be put to sleep for procedures.


Skylar picked out this saying and I liked it. Even during the "bad times" we need to keep our chin up and look for the good.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh the girls are getting so big! Happy birthday Genie. I'm so proud of you. I can't imagine how hard it's been but you always manage to do amazing things. I think it's wonderful that you volunteered at hospice. I love the tshirts! Its such a great life lesson for the girls. You and Gun really are the strongest most amazing people I know! We love you! Heather, jimbo and the furry kids

Anonymous said...

I love the shirts. I know the meals were very much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirts and we would love to come and help you next time you go serve at hospice. You have all been in our prayers especially through your birthdays. I know Kyara and God will provide lots more rainbows for you all.

Love, The Lopers

Anonymous said...

I love hearing what you guys are doing! I still look for up dates each time I come to work...Kyara Picture on our wall jumps out at me often. I was sharing at her picture the other day and a new hire asked me who she was....and my only words were, "an angel!". I couldn't help but tear up and duck into the stock room...We miss her too, and I want you to know that! SHe touched our hearts and we all still chat about her and your family from time to time. We give each other updates on what your blog's say you guys are up too, and how you are doing. I know I speak for Tedra and I am truly when saying I will never forget your baby girl. She has changed me in a way that will not only forever impact my career but my personal life as well. Thanks for letting me be there for so many good times and even more of the bad. Tell you folks I asked about them, and tell Gunars and the girls HI!...Love ya Always~ Heather (PICU-UofM)
P.S Are those Kyara tee shirts for sale??? I'd love one!