Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Stander is IN!!

Kyara got her stander today and even though it is not perfect, she was very content in it for about 30-45 minutes tonight! That is a LONG time for her to be content in any position! YEAH!!!

I also got her stroller today. I ordered it last week after lots of researching and calling size therapists to make sure it would be a good fit for her. Well, I was totally excited about getting it. I spent 45 minutes putting the thing together (with Kassey's "help") and Kyara is too big for it. I am crushed. I really liked the stroller, but I don't think its a good idea to keep it if she will only be able to fit in it for 6 months. What a waste. I guess I will be sending it back. Gotta find out shipping costs. Yuck!

Kyara is also borrowing a Pace Gait Trainer from her therapist. I will post a picture of it soon. WE are trying to encourage her to move her legs to walk, but it will take time.

Thank you for the suggestions on the dry skin. I am going to try them and see what will work. Our doctor also suggested anti-fungal soap. I don't know what that is, but I guess I will find out.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Content is a good thing to be, we are grateful for all good news! Sorry the stroller didn't workout but I'm sure that can be solved. Love any and all updates you have time to give. You are all so very precious to us. God Bless, Spokane

Donna Blair said...

Hi, I found your daughter's blog from a friend at church through facebook! My daughter is special needs and hopefully we can help you with any support you need. Maggi had a cranioplasty and had layers and layers of new/old skin on her skull after surgery...I rubbed vaseline into the irritated areas and while she was sleeping at night, I used a comb to remove the layers of skin and "stuff"...it didn't hurt her or cause any irritation. It worked better for us than the baby oil. Her neurosurgeon's office told us about it. If you need anything, call or email! We don't mind, we are praying for you all. Donna Blair, 770-927-6895...www.maggiblair.com

Donna Blair said...

Ooops, this is Donna! My new number is: 770-707-9766. Can we put your blog as a link on Maggi's site? We are updating Maggi's this week sometime! Much Love!

Anonymous said...

I believe this is the law that I was talking about... It is still a little confusing, maybe you will understand it better than me.

http://www.wrightslaw.com/law/art/forestgrove.ta.analysis.htm

Hope it helps!

Susan Loper

Anonymous said...

Hi Genie-
Its been a long time since I wrote anything, but I have been checking on Kyara and your family everyday. Glad to hear some things are working out for you and praying that the rest will fall into place soon. We have been praying HARD for the suit therapy to work wonders for Kyara. It is so good to see Skylar at school every day. Hoping to see you all soon.
Give Kyara a hug for us and keep the faith, you are amazing.

Anne Henley

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today as Kyara starts her therapy. We are praying for miraculous results!!
The Brandons