Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ready, Set,...Wait

We were mentally all set to start suit therapy next week, but unfortunately, we are going to have to postpone one week. We will start on Sept. 14 instead of Sept. 7. Really, this is not that big of a deal. It gives insurance a little more time to get their act together and approve at least part of the therapy.

Kyara is still pushing along. Thank you, Mrs. Higley, for the advice about the Caldesenne (sp?) Medicated Powder. It has worked wonders for Kyara's nasty yeast rash in the folds of her neck. Although they are not gone yet, they look a hundred times better than they did! Now I have to figure out what to do with the dry, red, patchy, flakey scalp. Any ideas there are greatly apprecited. I have tried T-Gel Shampoo and baby oil then combing it out. So far, these have not worked. IF you have suggestions, I am open to them!

We went to Villa Rica this morning for a pt evaluation for Kyara. It went well. The therapist are very nice. I am really looking forward to getting started with this suit therapy and see what comes of it. I pray for good results!

3 comments:

Ronit said...

Praying along with you, Genie...ALWAYS.
MUCH LOVE to you, Kyara, Gunars, Skylar, and your little munchkin.

Anonymous said...

So glad something is finally working for Kyara's neck! We keep Kyara and all of you on our Spokane prayer list. Our class ask about all of you each week. Wish I had a suggestion for you on her scalp issue. I am sure someone out there has a remedy. Thanks for the update, we are sure your time is sparse. Love and continued prayers from Spokane.

Rach said...

My 1 1/2 year old has the worst case of dermititis I've seen. Poor thing inherited it but twice as bad. Have you tried Scalpicin for the flaky scalp? I've also used the Aveen Baby Wash for extra dry skin/Eczema. If that's not strong enough, the Head & Should Intensive care works wonders on me with out the stinky T-gel smell. Good Luck, praying for you guys everyday.
With love, Rachael from Mississippi