Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Saturday, July 24, 2010

July

Wow! Where has the summer gone? It has flown by. I figured it has been a little bit since I last wrote, so I should get back to it. I didn't realize the last time I posted was July 1st! A whole month has gone by and before you know it, the kiddos will be back in school. I don't know about anyone else, but I have enjoyed having the girls home for the summer and I am not looking forward to them going back to school. Skylar, on the other hand, can't wait for school to start!

As we get closer to school starting, we are also getting closer to another "first" in the year of "firsts." Kyara's birthday is August 6. It is especially hard because it is my birthday, as well. So how do we go about this day? At times, I would like to pretend it doesn't exist, and ignore the day, but I know that won't work. Other times, I think... well last year we did a "First Annual Dzenis/Leonard Talent Show," so maybe... the show should go on. But that doesn't seem right either. Instead, I have signed us up to make dinner at the Ronald McDonald House by Scottish Rite (the hospital Kyara spent alot of time) on August 3rd (they were booked on the 6th) and dinner for the families/patients at Hospice Atlanta on August 6th. Hospice Atlanta is the hospice center we used for Kyara. I don't know if these dinners will bring me joy or sadness, but mostly likely both emotions will show their heads at some point. I look forward to the chance to give back, but to go into these places again... it will be hard. One thing I know for sure, I have to put myself out there and not be afraid of the emotions that may or may not come.

This week in the bible study I am doing, we looked at the story of Lazirus. It reminds us that all things are done for God's glory. ALL THINGS. I am not sure how God intends to use Kyara's passing to His glory, but I pray I am doing His will through this blog. He has a purpose for all things. I am working on opening my heart to receive His will.

I would love to put some pictures up, however, I have lost my camera. Yuck! So I have been taking pictures this summer with my cellphone. If I ever figure out how to post pictures from my blackberry, I will put some up. Until then, I am going to bum pictures off my dad's camera. I hope to have some new ones up soon.

1 comment:

carolgib said...

See, I do read your blog all the time. I'm so glad you write and let the rest of us share in your life. It was good to see all of you this week!
Carol