Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving is done, now back to School!

It was a good week having the girls home for Thanksgiving holiday. We saw my Grandparents in Eastman, Ga, as well as my Nannie in Columbus, Ga. We were busy with therapy, playdates, and eating LOTS of yummy fried turkey! My brother, Allen can sure fry a turkey! We went to a Christmas tree farm and cut down a tree, however, the decorating is taking some time. For some reason, I can't seem to get my act together to decorate the tree. Well, it will happen sooner or later. Skylar won't let me off the hook on that one. She is already harrassing me about the ornaments... I haven't even gotten the lights on yet!! :)

I took Kyara to a dermatologist a week ago to get her neck looked at. The doctor prescribed an antifugal cream with a steriod in it. This has really made a huge difference in her neck. It looks great when she is calm. When she gets mad, it flares up like a tomato. I am not sure what to think about that yet, maybe it is like how some people's faces turn red when they are made. The redness has been going away after she calms back down, so I hope it is nothing to worry about.

Kyara and Skylar went back to school this morning. Skylar couldn't wait. She is joining the REACH program at school, and today was the first day. I loved the excitement in her voice when she told me about her day today. Usually I get the, "I don't know," answer to all of my questions, but today she couldn't wait to tell me about what she learned. I LOVE IT!

We are working on "unplugging" Kassey from the pacifier. (My mom, Bunny, always calls the pacifier a plug, I guess the name sorta fits). This has caused some long sleepless nights at our house. Thank goodness Skylar is a heavy sleeper, because she shares a room with Kassey and Miss Kassey has NOT been happy about being unplugged.

So, back to Kyara. She is stable. I wish I could say that her crying has stopped, but I cannot. She still cries whenever she is not sitting with one of us. Skylar has been such a big help; she will sit with Kyara while I make dinner or while I am changing Kassey (who, by the way, THINKS she wants to be potty-trained, but refuses to actually GO on the potty. She just likes to sit and read books on it...all day long).

We don't have any doctor visits planned until after Christmas, so we will just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and be thankful for each day that we have together.

5 comments:

Laura Long said...

I am glad to hear you guys had a great Thanksgiving. We missed seeing you in Eastman but its a crazy place to be.. I loved your post about the "plug". That is what it has been called as long as I can remember. When Logan was ready to get rid of his I took him to the toy store and he used his plug to pay for his new toy..he only fussed one night after that. Good luck with that one!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you personally, but your story has touched me deeply. You inspire me to be a better mother. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hello Dzenis Family,
You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. God could not have made a stronger family. Have a wonderful Christmas and peaceful days. Please let us know if we can help with anything. We would be honored.
Love, The Grabhorns

Just a girl said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with God's peace. You are in my prayers always,
Martha Donnelly (Ben's mom!)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dzenis family...Thinkin of you always!! :) Tedra