Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Baptism Day!!

Kassey had fun with some paint in the kitchen!!!
Kyara riding backwards on the horse at Corrall.
Thanksgiving Feast at Skylar's school. Kassey LOVED the food! Thanks Willis Road for a yummy lunch! You did a great job!
On our walk during this beautiful Sunday afternoon!

Skylar is growing up so quickly! Can you see, NO FRONT TEETH!! How is the girl suppose to eat?!?

After church. Everyone was smiling in another shot, but I cut off the tops of our heads. You can only see from our noses down. I figured that would not do...so, at least our whole heads are in this one!
***One of these days I am going to figure out how to arrange the pictures in with the text so that the pictures illustrate what I am writing about, instead of being a the beginning of the post! ***



What a wonderful day we had today. It started out meeting my family at Waffle House for breakfast before church. Gunars' mom, Luz Estela joined me and Gunars, all the girls, and the whole Leonard clan. To count heads, that was...17 in all. We literally TOOK OVER one side of the Waffle House! Then off to church we went. It was a special day indeed, because not only did Skylar, Kyara, and Kassey get baptized, but so did I. It was very special to have my family there today. The baptism was held in the same chapel that Gunars and I got married, so even the location was special to me. The girls did great, Kassey even said "Bye!" and blew the congregation a kiss when we were done. What a sweetheart!
The weather outside was gorgeous was after a yummy lunch at Gunars' dad's house, we went to Peachtree City (PTC) for a walk on the golfcart paths. (For those unfamiliar with PTC, there are hundreds of miles of golfcart paths all over the city. Many of the residents own golfcarts and use them to get around town instead of cars.) The leaves are changing and walking through the woods on the paths was fantastic. I really enjoy the peacefulness that comes from the walks. After the walk, we headed out for icecream, even though by this time it was about time for dinner. Nothing like dessert first!! It is the most important part of the meal as far as I am concerned.
We then headed for home, where after dinner, Gunars and Skylar competed on the Wii, Kyara enjoyed being in the middle of the them, and Kassey watch to get pointers for when it is her turn to play. A little reading before bedtime, and then lots of hugs and kisses for the girls.

Why did I just write step by step how our day went? Really I could have just summed it up in a short sentence.... This was the most perfect day I have had since January 21, 2009. I could not have asked for a better day. Kyara was mostly calm today, which help the mood, again I really think she likes moving, so the walk was perfect for her! God is great!!
So how about the rest of the last two weeks?
We have been BUSY!! Kyara is doing better at school. At least, I think she is. I am not getting as many notes home saying she cried all day! :) She has also started to do some horseback riding with the school. A group of volunteers meet at a barn in the county called Corrall. They cater to children with disabilities and to my understanding the special education classes in the county have the opportunity to go to Corrall for a six week session. Because of Kyara's weight and inability to sit up, she has to ride on her stomach. She faces the horse's tail with her legs on either side of the horses back. The movement of the horse walking seems to really soothe her, so that has been great! The school bus has the same effect. I guess the vibration of the bus gives her enough feedback or stimulation to keep her happy. That's good because she is on it for quite a while in the mornings!

Skylar had a Thanksgiving lunch with parents on Thursday, so Kassey, Gunars, Bunny and I went. I like to see Skylar doing so well in school. Kassey loved getting to eat with Skylar. She felt like a big girl. She kept telling me the rest of the day, "Sissy, school." Yes, Kassey, Skylar is at school!
Skylar also has finished soccer for the season and just in time for basketball! So far, she is really liking the new sport!

Kassey in experimenting with paints. Thank goodness for washable paint!!!
Next week we will be going back up to the see the rehab doctors so Kyara can get Botox shots in her finger flexors (the ones that bend your fingers, by getting the shots we are hoping she will be able to relax her fingers better and open her hand more), bicep, and pectoralis (chest) muscles. I hope the shots will allow Kyara more range of motion.
Please keep Kyara in your thoughts and prayers.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God IS soooooo good and I am so glad that you all got baptized and had a great day together! Kyara is doing well in school from what I can see from across the hall and she is definitely not crying as much...whoo hoo! We will pray for lots more great days to come for your family.

The Lopers

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baptisms. How very special for you all to be baptized together, and at the place you and Gunars were married. The pictures were beautiful. I enjoyed the Halloween pictures, too, although you and Skylar were scary looking! :) You continue to be in our prayers daily. Take care, Clara