Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Time













We had a great time at the Fireworks on the 4th. That morning, I took Skylar and Kassey to the Peachtree City Parade while Gunars stayed at home with Kyara. Then we spent the day together doing...stuff. That night, we met my brother, Allen and sister-in-law, Missy and their crew at Partner's Pizza for dinner, then out to the fireworks. It was a great night. I think the fireworks got Kyara's attention, at least for a while.
Sunday was my mother in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Luz Estela! So we went over to her house for lunch. They have an awesome hammock on their back porch and we put Kyara in it when we first got there. She used to LOVE being in the hammock. Once again, the hammock seemed to be a great fit. She was so quiet and content while she was in it. It was nice to have her peaceful for a long period of time. I think the swining, the breeze and the cocoon-like nature of the hammock made her feel very comfortable. Now we have to figure out where to hang ours! I wish I could figure a way to hang on IN the house. I will have to process on that one for a while.
Life here is getting into a bit of a routine. I don't feel as overwhelmed as I used to. One thing I am not getting over is the emptiness in my heart that Kyara used to fill with her laughter, talking, playing, and goofyness. I see pictures of her that are around our house and it tears me up everytime. I am looking for the good side of this, but it is just so darn hard! I pray that God will heal her. We can only work within His will, though, and I know He is using Kyara to bring a difference to so many people's lives. Maybe I am greedy and selfish, but I don't always appreciate the road God has chosen for us to go down. I would prefer the road that we were heading on 6 months ago. I say that now...but is that really true? I am not sure about that either. Having this happen to Kyara has brought me closer to my faith in God, so maybe the road I was on before was not so great. What I do know for sure is that I miss Kyara terribly and I worry about how this will impact Kassey and Skylar. Gunars and I are doing our best to sort through our own emotions, and I hope I am providing the support the girls need, too. I pray God gives us the strength to see each other through.

8 comments:

Erin Mathis said...

Ive been keeping up with Kyaras page for quite awhile! Im a friend of Claire so thats how I found out about her! Shes such a cute girl and you can tell shes happy being out with her family! I have a friend that actually has a hammock in her room...you can hang them from the beams of the ceiling with sturdy hooks that it can hang from! It doesnt seem too difficult! :) Im continuing to pray for Kyara and your family! I know God has a big plan for Kyaras life!!

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my prayers and know that your girls love you and you are both fabulous parents! I do not know why God has chosen the road for Kyara and your family that he has, but she certainly has made an impact on me! My prayer is for Kyara to get better, and also to heal your family. Stay strong and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys!!!! Big Hugs!

Love, Stephanie Welling, RN

Anonymous said...

Genie,
I just wanted to let you know that a day does not go by that you guys are not in my thoughts and prayers. I am so happy to hear that that you are settling more into a routine and finding more ways to provide comfort for Kyara. I can only imagine your struggles with missing her. She is such a beautiful child.

You are setting such a wonderful example of unconditional love for Skylar and Kassey to witness. You and Gunars are demonstrating that love each day through you unending sacrafices you are willing to make. Please know that although none of us understand why you are being taken down this road, we have all been affected by your experiences in ways that words cannot express. So thank you for being so open with all this, and please know that we all continue to pray for complete healing for Kyara and strength for you all to get her there.
Amy Brandon

Anonymous said...

Your in my thoughts alot. I'm still praying for the strength you need and for Kyara's recovery. Keep up the great work!

Illinois

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing you all at the wedding tonight! I hope everyone had fun! It was such a sweet time for Orlando and I and we're glad that all of ya'll could share it with us. We truly feel like you all are family. I know our photographer got some good pictures of the girls, so I'll send them to you when I get them. Know that it meant ALOT to us to have Kyara there especially, she has always will hold a special place in our hearts and we will always consider her our angel. All of the girls are so precious to us. Kassey is a mess and a dancing queen!! Skylar has such a sweet spirit and has been that way for as long as I can remember. You have 3 wonderful daughters and God has given them all a unique purpose. We pray blessings over your family and remember Philippians 4:8: Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.

We'll see you when we return from our honeymoon! Love you all!

Orlando & Allison

Anonymous said...

Genie,
I am so sorry I haven't been writing. We check on Kyara and your family everyday. We have had a hectic summer, due to my Moms illness'. She has been in and out of the hospital since the first day of summer break right up until last night even. Megan really wants to play with Skylar and I feel bad that hasn't been able to happen yet. We are not giving up :D
I am sooooo happy you are finding a new routine and getting out more. This will not only help Kyara but will help you ALOT too.
Thank you for the updates and the pictures. We continue to pray for you all. Hope to see you soon
The Henleys

Laura said...

I love all the pics. Its good to hear you are in a routine. You are so amazing... all of you! I often ask my self "why" as to God's plan for me and for others that suffer hardships. He knows what is best for us. Perhaps in the future you will look back at this hard time in your lives and you will see the blessings that it has brought you. Keep the hope! You are amazing and you can handle anything that is sent your way.

BEST OF WISHES TO ALL OF YOU! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Winkie-Dink said...

Genie,
I have been out of pocket, but i am so glad to catch up with you and your family. We continue to keep you in our prayers. Love you, Wink