Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Sick House













Kassey's 2nd Birthday Party Pictures!


Starting last week, Kyara has had an upper respiratory infection. I noticed her coughing more at the beginning of the week and by Thursday, the school was calling to say that she had slept through the entire morning (not at ALL like her!) and they were concerned. So I went to the school to pick her up. I talked to her home nurse and she came over to see Kyara that afternoon. She said it was an upper respiratory infection and gave us some instructions. Since it seems to be viral, antibiotics are not going to work. Kyara has not improved since then. In fact, I think she looks worse. She is pale, still sleeping all day and night, when she is not coughing so hard she is throwing up. I am changing her shirts many times a day because of how much she is throwing up. My concern is that she is not able to get it all out and the vomit goes back down into her
lungs. She has these times when she is gagging so hard to the "stuff" that she will turn blue and really struggle to get it up. Kyara is definitely sick. Yuck! Yikes!

Kassey has also been sick. Hers seems to come and go, though. She is the typical child; when she feels sick, you can tell. I thought she was over it, then yesterday, before church she threw up at Waffle House. All over her velvet dress. Well, that was the last of the puking for her, at least.

Then last night Skylar said she didn't want to eat dinner. What?! By the end of the night, she was throwing up, too. We ended up blowing up the air mattress and putting it in the living room for her to sleep on. (She has a loft bed, and I didn't think she would make it out of bed in time, or safely!) So I "slept" in the living room with her last night. This morning she is finally feeling better. The vomiting stopped around 3:00 in the morning.

I am spending the day today washing EVERYTHING that can go the in washing machine and Lysoling everything else!

1 comment:

Stephanie Welling, RN said...

Yuck!!!! It definitely sounds like you have your hands full! I will say a prayer that all of your girls get better and that Kyara's does not turn into anything else. You are such a great Mom and hope fully I will be half as good when our little one gets here in a few weeks! Do you have any appointments up here for Kyara any time soon? I would love to see you guys!!!! Take care and hang in there!