Kyara Dzenis

Kyara Dzenis

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!




These are pictures from last year's New Year's Eve ritual. We eat lobster. The one night of the year that we SPOIL ourselves. Kyara enjoyed drinking the "lobster juice" and pretending to be a lobster. I find looking back at these pictures to be a double edge sword. I love seeing her so healthy, active, and HAPPY. It also tears at my heart; I miss her smile, laughter, talking, playing, etc so much!
This year we are going to do the lobster feast again. Our dinner has arrived and although I can't be in the room when we cook them (it is too hard for me, I hate the idea of killing the lobsters myself), I can't wait to EAT! YUMMY!
I pray for a great 2010 for everyone. We will wait to see what 2010 has in store for us. I know it will be a busy year. Kassey is potty training, Kyara has school and therapy, and Skylar has school, karate, soccer, and basketball. Enough stuff to fill our days!
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

The Lanes said...

Happy New Year!!! It is always fun and sad to look back over the last year and see all the changed that have happened. You are constantly being prayed for and loved

Michelle said...

Happy New Year, Dzenis and Leonard clan! I hope you had a wonderful dinner... personally I would rather have steak or chicken than lobster, but I guess this Kansas girl is just uncultured.

We continue to pray for Kyara and your family, and wish you a 2010 filled with much happiness!

The Hagerotts

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, and I hope and pray for a beautiful new year for all of you! See you at karate!
Martha Donnelly

Sarah said...

Hi! My name is Sarah and I'm a long-time follower of your blog but a first-time commenter. I'm a college student who works with special needs kids. I also follow more than 200 blogs, and I'm sending a very special message to all the blogs I follow: YOU have the chance to be part of a miracle!

If you are a member of Facebook or know someone who is, please take the chance to do something incredible!

Chase Community Giving is awarding $1 million to 5 charities! The Gwendolyn Strong Foundation is working to find a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy - and they could use the money!

Fast Facts:
- SMA is the #1 genetic killer of infants under the age of 2
- 50% of those diagnosed will not live to see their 2nd birthday
- kids with SMA lose the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, eat, swallow, and breathe
- 1 in 40 people is a carrier
- the National Institute of Health says that SMA is the #1 CURABLE disease if given research funding
- right now there is NO cure and NO treatment

Want to change that? Vote for the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation on the Chase Community Giving app on Facebook! You have five votes to tell the world that you want a CURE for SMA!

Tell your friends and blog contacts - let them know they could be part of a MIRACLE - be part of a CURE - and give these kids a FUTURE!

Thank you!